Full Job Description
Overview: The Case Coordinator is a key position in support of case management. The Case Coordinator partners with their Case Managers (CMs) to develop and administer panelists’ (judges and attorneys) practices.
Responsibilities: Case Management
Must be able to articulate, understand, support and perform in accordance with all JAMS policies and procedures; basic proficiency in all ADR processes and procedures (arbitration, mediation, court reference, etc.); knowledge of panelists’ practice preferences in the local Resolution Center (RC).
Computer literate and proficient in all software programs required for the position.
Exceptional ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities and tasks in a quick paced environment.
Good verbal & written communication skills.
- A bachelor’s degree, preferred or a paralegal certificate which requires two or more years of education
- In lieu of education, 3-5 years work experience in administration; legal experience and client service experience, a plus
- For internal candidates, proven ability as an Administrative Assistant, Client Services (AACS) or similar position for a minimum
of 1 year
Essential Job Requirements
- Sit at a desk working on the computer and talking with clients, panelists, etc., over the phone and/or face to face for extended
periods of time
- Effectively and articulately communicate with our clients in regards to our services, policies, procedures, etc.
- Handle problems for clients and/or panelists, etc., who are sometimes angry or impatient
- Lift heavy objects such as large case files and exhibits
Location: NY Times Building,620 8th Ave,34th Floor, New York, NY 10018
Job Type: Full-time