Within Corporate Tech Finance, this role is for a Data Scientist who is passionate about solving problems with Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. The scientist will be part of a community of globally distributed Data Scientists and Software Engineers working to build and deploy robust and scalable AI/ML solutions. The candidate will have the opportunity to participate in a culture of continuous improvement where experimentation with solutions, learning, and development is encouraged and the engineer is expected to have a persistent focus on delivering valuable business solutions.
- Build and train production grade ML models on large-scale datasets to solve business use cases
- Use large scale data processing frameworks to manipulate and extract value from both structured and un-structured data.
- Use Deep Learning models like NLP for solving various business use cases involving forecasting and anomaly detection.
- Perform data modeling experiments, evaluating against strong baselines, and extracting key statistical insights and/or cause and effect relations.
- Create data models using best practices to ensure high data quality and reduced redundancy
- Stay current on industry trends and identify opportunities to adopt the latest methodologies into existing implementations
- Market and present proposed solutions to Sr. Business and Technology colleagues
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Data Science, or equivalent field
- 1-3 years of experience as a data scientist
- Experience with machine learning techniques and advanced analytics (e.g. regression, classification, clustering, time series, econometrics, causal inference, mathematical optimization)
- Experience with ML languages such as Python, SQL, Scala
- Experience with Big Data Platforms such as Hadoop
- Experience with statistical techniques – i.e. data mining, data transformations, text mining, data visualization
- Outstanding written/verbal communication and presentation skills
- Comfort with ambiguity and proven ability to structure problems
- Team oriented collaborator
- Familiar with Financial Services
- Building ML models in a cloud environment