Description – External
As one of the world’s leading asset managers, we are solely dedicated to delivering an investment experience that helps people get more out of life. If you’re looking for challenging work, smart colleagues, and a global employer with a social conscience, explore your potential at Invesco
Job Purpose (Job Summary):
The Intern will be exposed to the manner in which commercial and multi-family investments are sourced, underwritten, diligenced and closed. The assignment will last a total of 8 to 10 weeks, beginning in May/June and continuing through July/August in Dallas, TX.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Perform the initial load of prospective deal underwriting into Invesco Real Estate financial models that will then be maintained by the intern
- Participate in conversations with market participants to refine the underwriting of prospective investment opportunities
- Assist in the process of ushering prospective investments through Invesco Real Estate’s investment committee process
- Assist in the creation of Screening and Investment Committee packages
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications – External
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- Strong Excel user and some degree of prior Argus experience
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Detail oriented and exceptional organizational skills a must
- Strong research skills required
- Ability to work in a team, as well as independently
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Attainment of a graduate degree in a business/real estate field is in process
FLSA (US Only): Nonexempt
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco’s culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.