Los Angeles based Internet Brands is looking for a Data Analyst Intern to join our team. The ideal candidate is an organized self-starter with a keen business sense who loves digging into data to understand trends and performance.
You have a passion for translating data into insights to find opportunities for growth and can effectively communicate them internally. You are a creative thinker who can recommend, plan, and execute an analytical approach that results in actionable business improvements. You’re also a great teammate who likes a rapidly changing environment and wants to join a company that offers a ton of opportunity to build your skills.
In this role, you will:
– Join a team of data analytics subject matter experts and collaborate with agile engineering teams to design flexible solutions to support analytic needs.
– Produce recommendations and insights for key partners that will help shape business decisions.
– Apply a broad range of analytical approaches, from back-of-envelope approximations, to what-if scenarios, to deep dives, uncovering patterns in order to identify trends and new opportunities.
– Develop visualizations and other methods for conveying key insights and reports.
– Simplify and automate reporting, audits, and other data-driven activities; build solutions to have maximum scale and self-service ability by partners.
– Support the business with time-critical data analyses.
– Experience in a hands-on analytical role with a focus on analyzing business problems (internships OK).
– Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
– Proficient in tools used for data analysis and reporting (SQL, Excel).
– Ability to communicate complex quantitative analyses and business needs in a clear, precise, and actionable manner to diverse audiences.
– Experience with web analytics.
– Experience with data modeling and KPI definition.
– Experience working with Marketing, Product and Sales teams.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company’s award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands’ powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company’s continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.