Full Job Description
The Corporate Strategy Office (CSO) and Intel Capital (ICAP) are seeking a trusted senior leader to lead the Strategic Alliance Office (SAO). The charter for the Strategic Alliance Office will be to work across Intel’s business units, SMG and Intel Foundry Services to assess, structure and drive major cross-BU partnerships and alliances opportunities that drive significant growth opportunities for Intel.
This leadership role will be responsible for the following:
- Ensuring alignment to cross-Intel strategic priorities
- Identifying and pursuing multi-generation and multi-discipline partnerships across Intel
- Designing, structuring and negotiating partnership agreements with third parties
- Providing a cross-Intel lens on broader value creation opportunities (how big could it be)
- Enlisting key BU, functional and SME owners to collaborate and execute on deal components
- Tracking value driver execution keep deal frameworks aligned to initial vision (exec escalation as needed)
- Owning the central infrastructure to monitor partnership pipeline (e.g., framework, stage gates, tools)
SAO portfolio will remain small in number by design to focus on the most strategic partners and initiatives. Broad elements may include but not limited to Equity, JV, GTM, multi-party engagements/initiatives.
The candidate should have the ability to influence top leaders and partners to construct integrated points-of-view that develop transformational strategic initiatives which ultimately drive the company towards its strategic objectives. This candidate should also have a passion for growth, shareholder value creation with unquestionable integrity. The right candidate is a world class and proven strategic thinker with the ability to deliver the analyses and methodology to frame critical strategic decisions. He/she will help create and execute key strategies that enable profound advancement, demonstrate a strong growth and business partner mindset, leadership skills, and impactful communication skills.
The ideal candidate brings a compelling track record of developing and implementing strategic growth plans in a complex and high-growth business. He/she will bring a breadth of strategic planning and transformation experiences, along with well-developed leadership skills. This leader needs to be a collaborative, customer obsessed, assertive and energetic executive who is passionate about creating value for the enterprise.
- Assist Intel’s Corporate Strategy Officer (CSO) with developing, communicating, executing, and sustaining the corporate strategic plan for growth to 100B+.
- Partner with senior business leadership to create and execute specific strategic initiatives to maximize company performance within their respective segments with the required and purposeful analyses and methodology to frame critical strategic decisions.
- Design, negotiate and drive Joint Ventures, Partnerships and Alliances with Intel partners including quantifying the value and synergies, contribution of assets/capabilities, and governance and operating model to capture the full value.
- Effectively partner with Legal, Finance and the CSO to oversee and drive the growth process.
- Lead cross-functional project teams to identify and develop cross-BU/corporate strategy and adjacency growth projects that expand our addressable market.
- Effectively communicate plans, so that key partners understand and prioritize around the company-wide strategic direction.
- Lead a small team of high-performing strategy professionals and be accountable for their performance and career development.
- Innovative thinker, smart, sharp and adept at understanding, integrating and applying key ecosystem insights and considerations into robust strategic planning processes.
- Deep understanding of the strategy and growth imperatives of industry ecosystem including competitors, customers and key end-markets
- Experience in alternative deal/partnership structuring and negotiation including JVs, joint-development partnerships, equity investments, etc.
- Combination of technical background, business and market acumen, organization savvy, networking capabilities and bias toward execution to yield a decision/outcome.
- Experience in strategic model development, ability to work seamlessly with leaders at multiple levels in the organization as well as with strategic partners and multi-party engagements
- Track record of performance impact, results and outcomes with a depth of professional expertise needed for the skills, scale and complexity of the role.
- An established strategic thought leader with 10+ years’ experience of strategic model development with deep connections to industry expertise and able to balance strategy, execution, and risk taking.
- 10+ years of demonstrated success with senior level, large organization decision making while building respect and influence with multiple stakeholders and customers.
- 10+ years of demonstrated success with establishing strong cultures and the ability to evolve a culture to achieve critical goals and meet corporate objectives.
- 10+ years of demonstrated success with strong executive-level communications and presentations skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Science or Engineering. MBA highly preferred.
Inside this Business Group
US, Arizona, Phoenix;US, California, Folsom;US, Oregon, Hillsboro
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
Position of Trust
This role is a Position of Trust. Should you accept this position, you must consent to and pass an extended Background Investigation, which includes (subject to country law), extended education, SEC sanctions, and additional criminal and civil checks. For internals, this investigation may or may not be completed prior to starting the position. For additional questions, please contact your Recruiter…