Full Job Description
iCare, a subsidiary of Humana, is looking for a Junior Financial Data Analyst to join our team! The Jr. Financial Data Analyst is responsible for data analysis, reporting, and operational analysis for departments throughout iCare as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the preparation, review and reconciliation of the encounter submissions to the various governmental agencies (State and Federal).
- Provide information necessary to assist the contracting department during rate negotiations and assist in the developing of standardized rates.
- Review Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (“PPACA”) distribution analysis received from the State of Wisconsin to identify any abnormalities in the detailed data.
- Integrate clinical and operational data into information that can be used to support committee and Board of Director reports.
- Perform ad hoc data analysis and reporting through the creation and use of SQL language queries and incorporating results in readable formats such as Excel and/or PDF documents.
- Provide reports to analyze existing trends and research the elements causing the trends
- Develop and analyze reports on various projects like Hierarchical Condition Categories (“HCC”) prospective member assessments and the Five-Star Program, to create operational efficiencies and improve financial performance.
- Compile and provide Medicare Advantage Bid documents to actuaries.
- Analyze the year-end Part D reconciliation from Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (“CMS”).
- Creation of monthly saving initiative, managerial and Board of Director reports.
- Reconcile and research variances between paid claims and the check register.
- Analyze and balance data results to ensure accuracy of the data results.
- Assist in developing systematic approaches to create efficiencies in reporting and operational procedures.
Full Time associates enjoy:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and a variety of other supplemental insurances
- Substantial PTO and paid holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- and much more!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Finance/Accounting, Information Systems Management, or related field.
- Knowledge and experience in working with statistical data, formulas and actuarial tables.
- Highly skilled and proficient with spreadsheet, and word processing software as well as a working knowledge of Microsoft Access.
- Experience in analyzing data by writing complex queries in SQL
- Experience with Business Objects and SAS software
- Bachelors or better in Business Administration or related field
- Bachelors or better in Finance or related field
- Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
- Thought Provoking: Capable of making others think deeply on a subject
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Work-Life Balance: Inspired to perform well by having ample time to pursue work and interests outside of work
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization