As Indeed continues to grow, the Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) group ensures that society will also benefit across a broad range of disciplines – Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging (DI&B), Social Impact, Governance, and AI Ethics. The ESG PMO sits within the Governance (G) pillar of the ESG group. The Governance pillar exists to help drive consistent and sustainable momentum in ESG-related work, provide transparent reporting and data-driven insights, and facilitate optimal resource utilization through effective strategic, financial, and operational planning. As a member of the ESG PMO, you will contribute to those objectives by:
- Operationalizing and driving the delivery of strategic programs tied to the ESG organization’s strategic objectives.
- Delivering high-impact and measurable results while achieving a high level of scalability, quality, and consistency.
- Contributing to the development of a Center of Excellence for project management methodologies, standards, and tools.
Indeed Senior Program Managers are responsible for effectively delivering business results by championing a culture of accountability and consistent project & program management practices. We are facilitators and motivators, working across departments and offices to ensure collaboration, communication, visibility, and successful delivery of large company initiatives.
What You Will Do:
- Portfolio Management – Oversee and be accountable for a portfolio of work that furthers strategic company objectives; “Zoom in” to projects to help manage and course-correct as needed; Apply specialized knowledge of industry standards/practices to programs and initiatives; Define and regularly report on metrics and measurement for programs and projects within the portfolio; Own business outcomes by working with business area leaders to influence strategy.
- Strategy – Drive strategic alignment across business units to succeed against company-wide goals; Provide analysis and thought leadership on issues critical to the success of the business’s strategic goals; Understand your strategic partner’s objectives; Advise on the necessary programs to achieve success and provide value to Indeed; Develop a roadmap or framework for those programs.
- Create Clarity and Solutions – Direct and be accountable for related business transformation; Understand the relationships and impacts of programs and initiatives across business units; Provide recommendations on complex program dependencies that could affect the success of other initiatives. Be critical of established processes and suggest relevant improvements.
- Drive Alignment – Drive strategic alignment across business units to succeed against company-wide goals; Drive adoption of new processes across the organization.
- Manage Risk – Continuously monitor portfolio exposure and ensure appropriate risk communication, escalation, and risk mitigation plans are in place.
- Develop Others – As a servant leader, have a direct and positive impact on a wide number of people and teams; Provide strategic opportunities to others to help close their skill gaps; Coach program and project managers on best practices.
Who you are
- Adaptability: Highly adaptable and agile in an exceptionally dynamic and fast-paced environment; Able to thrive within ambiguity.
- Experience: You have 10+ years of experience in the project/program management space leading cross-functional teams to deliver strategic initiatives and emerging needs; You have experience influencing executive leadership and setting expectations for major cross-functional initiatives; you have successfully leveraged organizational change management practices to drive successful business outcomes.
- Communications: Effectively and concisely communicate to leadership; Effectively set expectations, tell a story, highlight misalignment; Effectively partner & present with senior executives; Able to have critical conversations.
- Influence: Able to achieve buy-in at executive & all levels and influence without authority; Readily understands business drivers, program impact, and individual motivations; Successful at getting buy-in for your ideas, leveraging data where impactful.
- Skills – Deep understanding of portfolio management best practices and strong organizational skills; PMP and CCMP certifications for equivalents are highly desirable.
- Growth Mindset – Continually seeks opportunities to improve self and others.
- Problem Solving – Consistently demonstrates good judgement, critical thinking, and creative solutioning.
- Enthusiasm – Demonstrated interest in the ESG space and related initiatives.
Indeed is committed to your growth and development. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone’s ideas are heard. Bring your curiosity and come join us!
Who we are
Our Human Resources team champions our culture while working tirelessly to attract and retain the best people. With HR teams in every major Indeed office globally, we value a consistent and empowering experience for all of our Indeed employees and those we hope to hire.
As the world’s number 1 job site*, our mission is to help people get jobs. We strive to cultivate an inclusive and accessible workplace where all people feel comfortable being themselves. We’re looking to grow our teams with more people who share our enthusiasm for innovation and creating the best experience for job seekers.
(*comScore Total Visits, March 2021)
Salary Range Disclaimer
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Indeed’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include quarterly bonuses, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
Salary Range Transparency
SF Bay Area 157,000 – 227,000 USD per year
EEO and Accommodations
Indeed is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
Indeed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. To request an accommodation, please contact Talent Attraction Help at 1-855-567-7767, or by email at TAhelp@indeed.com at least one week in advance of your interview.
View Indeed’s Applicant Privacy and Accessibility Policies – https://www.indeed.com/legal/indeed-jobs
Learn about our global employee perks, programs and benefits – https://benefits.indeed.jobs/