About IHS Markit
At the heart of IHS Markit, we are an information company. With expertise across the world’s largest industries, we leverage technology and data science, to provide the insights, software, and data to help our customers make better informed decisions, driving growth, performance, and efficiency.
2022 Intern Program – Opportunities for students
During your internship you’ll have the chance to partner with our industry experts, with on the job experience focusing on high impact work that allows you to apply and develop your skills. Networking, business insights and tailored learning opportunities all support your growth and development, setting you up for success as you begin your career.
About the Department: Financial Services
IHS Markit is focused on delivering critical information, analytics and solutions for firms operating in the financial markets. For nearly two decades, in partnership with our customers, we have been focused on innovation while remaining steadfast in our commitment to building best-in-class technology. We serve over 3,500 of the largest institutional customers in the world, including banks, hedge funds, asset managers, central banks, regulators, auditors, fund administrators and insurance companies – enhancing transparency, reducing risk and improving operational efficiency.
Our next internship program runs through the summer of 2022. We’re looking for students who are working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (or equivalent), and due to complete their studies to be available for a full time role commencing in 2023.
Understanding the latest trends and leveraging sharp analytical skills and specialized industry expertise, our analysts deliver the data rich insights that guide our customers in making more informed, long-term decisions. If you are passionate about building the story behind the data, and becoming an industry or product specialist, then the Analyst stream is for you. Opportunities within this stream include, but are not limited to:
- Product Management
- Consulting & Professional Services
- Operational Excellence
What we’re looking for
We seek candidates with diverse backgrounds and ideas with a desire to learn and thrive. The Summer Internship Program will provide a variety of experiences to help you identify your strengths, develop highly transferable skills, and align you to a successful career path for a bright future at IHS Markit. To be an ideal fit for the role, you should have:
- A bachelor or master’s degree (or equivalent) completed no later than May 2023
- 0-6 months relevant work experience
- Demonstrated passion or interest in one or more of our key industries
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- An aptitude to learn and adapt quickly in a rapidly changing environment
- The ability to build strong working relationships in a collaborative setting
- Be legally eligible to work for the duration of the program in the country for which you apply
For Analyst applicants, we recommend the following:
- Excellent writing skills—must be clear and concise
- Ability to convey complex subject matter clearly and engagingly
- Proficient with MS Office
- Attention to detail and good multitasking skills
- Ability to understand, retain, and apply the procedures to access, work within, and move between different publishing platforms and environments.
- Ability to quickly absorb and put into practice new information, instructions, or procedures, while seamlessly performing current job tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills—must work harmoniously with analysts and other editors across regions and time zones
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and display a strong degree of flexibility while working under pressure
Application and assessment process
The assessment process that follows is designed to ensure you can learn more about us, showcase your skills, and find a role that is right for you.
Stage 1: Submit online application
Stage 2: Online pymetrics assessment
Stage 3: Initial screening process
Stage 4: Final stage assessment day
You may be considered for multiple suitable roles throughout this process. If these roles fall within the same stream, you will be assessed during the same process. If the roles fall across multiple streams, you may be asked to complete different assessments aligned to those roles.