Full Job Description
Dewberry is seeking a Senior Transportation Project Manager for its New York, NY office. The team player we seek must have a BS degree in Civil/Transportation Engineering (MS degree preferred) and a minimum of 15 years of experience delivering NYSDOT projects as an engineer and project manager. Design Build experience especially is advantageous. The individual should also be familiar with NYCDOT, NYCDDC, NYCEDC or similar NYS/NYC public agency and municipal projects. The candidate will be primarily responsible for managing interdisciplinary projects, document preparation and production, managing subconsultants, monitoring budgets, schedules and quality. The candidate must have experience managing and writing winning technical proposals and the ability to be a client manager for a NY-based client, with NYSDOT and one of its regions as preferred clients to target. In-depth background in the design of highways and streets, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and a valid NY Professional Engineer (PE) license are required; experience obtaining NYCDEP and NYCDOT permits/approvals/sign-offs for development lot and street/sidewalk related reconstruction projects is also required.
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
- Manages NYSDOT and other assigned projects.
- Assigns tasks to engineers, technicians or administrative staff.
- Mentors, coaches and directs staff engineers.
- Plans and coordinates the work.
- Manages subconsultants.
- Prepares scope, budgets, and schedules for assignments.
- Assists and champions transportation proposals to provide professional services.
Required Skills & Required Experience:
- BS/MS degree in Civil Engineering.
- Registered Professional Engineer in NY.
- At least 15 years’ experience in transportation, highway and street design, or closely related engineering field.
- Ability to manage and provide technical expertise in the following technical areas:
- Street/highway design,
- Vertical and horizontal alignments,
- Traffic engineering,
- Pavement section design,
- Drainage system design
- NYSDOT engineering and project management experience.
- Experience with other NYC-based clients is preferred.
- Design Build experience is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Driving is a requirement of the position. A clean driving record is required.
- In accordance with applicable Executive Order 14042 and related requirements, all prospective hires for this position, performing work for the federal government, will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19, or qualify for an exemption to this vaccination requirement. Such proof of vaccination, or written request for exemption, will be required, following receipt of written offer.
- At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
- Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.