Full Job Description
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Chief Information Office (CIO) owns IBM’s IT strategy and provides the tools that IBM employees use to perform their jobs. Our mission is to create a productive, engaging environment for the workforce.
The ServiceNow Transformation Leader will partner with IBM CIO’s executives to help them envision modern, digital processes. Your goal is to drive alignment of strategy and technology, with improved visibility and agility of our IT environment. The platform scope includes IT service and operations management, asset management, and security operations.
- Engage IBM’s CIO senior leadership (our internal customers) to create a digital transformation strategy, vision, and execution plan
- Technology futurist, driving alignment to where the industry is headed 5-10 years out
- Manage the platform business case and other key project plan elements to drive successful business outcomes while optimizing timeline to completion
- Manage IBM CIO’s relationship with our vendors, negotiating contracts, and ensuring deliverables are met
- Lead program teams to create a robust project plan which includes schedule, risks, interdependencies, action plans, and comprehensive change management
- Superb IT business acumen and ability to translate desired business outcomes into technical solutions
- Executive-level presentation skills to effectively convey strategic objectives and benefit realization to executive and technical leadership and staff
- Achieve high client satisfaction by building effective relationships with client management and executives
- Promote an environment of growth and innovation that proactively delivers client value.
ServiceNow is the strategic platform where data from IT applications, infrastructure, and assets is collected in a single system of record, to create digital workflows, analytics, and service support capabilities for CIO teams.
ServiceNow team is driving digital transformation in the CIO. Our team owns the governance of the platform, for internal use. We develop ServiceNow solutions for our internal customers. Our team also oversees federated teams who developing their own solutions using ServiceNow.
You will lead a team of product owners to build our roadmap, and partner with our delivery executive and Agile teams to execute this vision, maximizing the value of the platform for CIO.
Visa non-sponsorship statement:
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for these positions now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 10+ years’ experience as an executive leading complex IT programs
- 5+ experience leading a portfolio of ServiceNow projects; delivering outstanding results implementing ITSM, ITOM, ITAM, SecOps, GRC, CSM etc.
- Demonstrated leadership of business transformation IT projects
- Project Management best practice expertise
- Knowledge of Lean Portfolio Management and Agile Methodology
- Extensive technical knowledge of IT systems and processes, system integration and related functions
- Readiness to travel 10% annually
- Fluent in English
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- PMP or Certified Scrum Master Certification
- ITIL Certification
- ServiceNow Certification
About Business UnitThe Office of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) owns IBM’s IT strategy and provides the tools, workstations, devices, and infrastructure that IBMers use to do their jobs every day. Put simply, our mission is to create a productive environment for IBM’s 350,000 worldwide employees. Join us as we lead with design to drive simplicity and ease of use, engineering the systems that run the business, and innovating to transform the business.
Your Life @ IBMAre you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementIBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to:
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.