Full Job Description
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Partial remote work is currently permitted. Candidates should ideally be located with close proximity to the IBM hub office in New York City for occasional face to face meetings. While in the office, we maintain a responsible consideration of health and safety practices.
There are no relocation funds for this role so you would need to relocate at your own expense.
*** IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Every business is unique and there are myriad ways we can help them grow. Our mission in Ecosystem Marketing is to help businesses realize that value – paving their path to growth with IBM. We’re accountable for shaping innovative and meaningful ways to help businesses discover new ways to use technology for their customers – and to get the most out of it. From helping them build new products, to incorporating our solutions into the services they deliver and/or enabling them to resell it as a part of their portfolio, we find, retain, and grow partnerships across the globe.
The Ecosystem Experience Marketer orchestrates how we make that value real for the partner based on where they are, what they want to achieve, and what we have available to help them do it. The own the creation and activation of the Partner experience across all touch points. The most successful marketer in this role is constantly asking “How do we know we’re compelling the next best action for each partner?” growing partner satisfaction alongside IBM’s revenue.
Answering that question means focusing on:
Partners. Deeply understanding what current and potential partners want to do – and more importantly why – to help shape the experience and inform the offering, incentive, benefit and competency strategies we design and deliver.
The journey. Owning the end-to-end journey and activating and nurturing it through the Program – orchestrating it digitally, in-person at events and through the myriad direct IBM touch points, from the Help desk to the inbox.
The impact. Sharing accountability for the business results to ensure IBM is delivering experiences that cultivate the relationships that drive mutual growth.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years working in digital, automation, customer experience, and/or customer service roles
- 5+ years leading agile ways of working
- Ability to apply prior experience and design enablement in a partner-centric way
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Increases demand as a direct correlation of improved partner satisfaction
- Experiments constantly, embracing an anthropological mindset to find new ways to satisfy Partner needs
- Collaborates with current and potential partners, ecosystem colleagues and fellow marketers to learn, co-create and share feedback
- is global and local working to understand needs and opportunities globally in order to orchestrate relevant, hyperlocalized experiences
- Responds swiftly to emerging opportunities, strategic pivots, and corporate mandates, tailoring the experience to drive incremental impact
- Passionate about people We value a focus on relationships over experience working in high tech or ecosystem
- Challenges everything The best candidate has an entrepreneurial mindset and appetite to stretch the role, constantly reimagining what it can deliver
About Business UnitIBM Corporate Headquarters (CHQ) team represents a variety of functions such as marketing, finance, legal, operations, HR, and more, all working together to solve some of the world’s most complex problems, help our clients achieve success and build collaborative work environments for IBMers.
Your Life @ IBM
Location StatementIBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to:
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.