As a Strategy Consultant at IBM, you will help reinvent businesses and industries by developing and utilizing specialized knowledge of industry-specific and cross-industry competitive strategies. You’ll manage complex components of an engagement, working closely with clients and their customers to understand their pain points. Your strategic recommendations will drive change in a digitally-enabled era and give you the opportunity to collaborate with highly talented IBMers. Are you ready?
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Consulting has been making a profound shift to embrace high-performance, services-based Offerings that express IBM’s clear and differentiated position and establish a scalable approach for driving impactful business outcomes with clients. These Offerings are some of the highest priority strategic areas for our company and they solve the biggest challenges our clients are facing today.
As a Senior Offering Management Consultant, you will work directly with IBM executives and subject matter experts, from around the globe, to build scalable business strategies that clearly showcase the value of our services and solutions. We dig deep to understand the market and competition, and to articulate the value of our offerings in a way that resonates with clients. We are researchers, storytellers, and disruptors who challenge existing assumptions, while focusing on business growth and client value. As part of our team, you will be at the forefront of IBM’s most strategic efforts, bringing IBM’s wider strategy to life across every domain.
- Collaborating with teams of subject matter experts to articulate differentiated solutions that address market needs, in the form of key sales, commercials, solutioning, and delivery materials
- Crafting market-leading value propositions and storylines using extensive market research, user research and competitive analysis
- Exploring ways to further differentiate and enhance IBM Consulting Offerings through the application of quantum computing, artificial intelligence, and other exponential technologies
- Conducting workshops with senior leaders and facilitating groups to thoughtfully challenge thinking and pre-conceived notions about IBM’s business
- Understanding and applying our methodology for Offering Development
- Working with Offering Development Leaders and other Offering Management Consultants to outline program plans and execute key tasks
- Traveling up to 25% of time* once we return to a travel-safe environment.
*Historically we have run 8-week sprints (roughly 1 per quarter) which have required approx. 1 week of travel per month. We are currently running these sprints fully remote and do not plan on being in-person until travel has been proven to be safe for our global teams.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Able to think critically and strategically: can identify assumptions and challenge them
- Strong verbal and written communication skills: able to be concise, clear and persuasive
- Good listening and synthesis skills
- Able to build direct working relationships across with Senior IBM executives, industry SMEs or clients
- Ability to communicate effectively using analogies or metaphors, or visually using concepts or drawings
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with Agile working practices
- Can effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Consulting, start-up or other business experience – preferably with a focus on strategy
- Experience with business development or consultative sales expertise
- Marketing, communications or copywriting experience
- Previous exposure to Offering or Product Management
IBM Consulting is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Consulting partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
This job requires you to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated prior to your start date, where legally permissible. Proof of vaccination status will be required. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical, pregnancy or religious reasons, we offer accommodations in accordance with applicable law.
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to:
·12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
·World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
·Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
·Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
·Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
·Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
·Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
·Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.