As a Strategy Consultant at IBM, you will help reinvent businesses and industries by developing and utilizing specialized knowledge of industry-specific and cross-industry competitive strategies. You’ll manage complex components of an engagement, working closely with clients and their customers to understand their pain points. Your strategic recommendations will drive change in a digitally-enabled era and give you the opportunity to collaborate with highly talented IBMers. Are you ready?
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Enterprise Strategy is a management consulting group focused on business strategy in the digital age. We advise clients on business transformation through an analytical approach that combines human-centered design with an understanding of emerging technologies and platforms.
IBM Enterprise Strategy is the “tip of the spear” for IBM’s engagement with senior business leaders, bringing together IBM’s unique capabilities across strategy, innovation, design, data analytics, cognitive computing, and technology platforms to develop and deliver high-impact transformation programs. Our Healthcare and Life Sciences practice serves as an advisor to some of the top healthcare organizations, bringing decades of experience to deliver transformative strategies and capabilities for the needs of today and tomorrow.
What Do We Look For In A Successful Consultant?
- Mental curiosity to question, research, clearly define problems, and work out innovative solutions
- Passion to understand the applications of emerging technologies and adapt modern approaches to client problems
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills, including the desire to take ambiguous problems and deliver creative and well-structured solutions; as well as applying deep analytical skills to ensure recommendations are informed by data and insights
- Focus on ensuring the success of your team and client, with an ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, create structure to solve ambiguous problems, and share/incorporate feedback
- Powerful communication and storytelling skills, successfully applying verbal and written communications to expose and defend points of view to business leaders and team members
- Aptitude and interpersonal skills to thrive in an intense team atmosphere, able to build direct working relationships across all levels of the IBM and client teams
- A passion to solve some of healthcare’s biggest challenges
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in Biopharma, Payer, or related healthcare field, with an understanding of key industry dynamics, trends, and an interest in solving some of the biggest industry challenges
- 3+ years experience in consulting, in a startup, or other business environment
- Demonstrated collaboration, project management, and qualitative / quantitative analysis skills
- Comfortable analyzing and synthesizing data to communicate to an audience
- Ability to think on their feet, and clearly communicate ideas to senior leaders
- Exposure to design thinking, and creative approaches to problem solving and strategy formulation
- Flexible to travel (at least 80% of the time)
- Authorized to work in the US
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in a functional area for Biopharma (commercial operations, medical affairs) or Payer (front office, middle office), and / or academic training related to healthcare (MPH, MHA, MBA with healthcare focus)