How you move is why we’re here. ®
Now more than ever.
Get back to what you need and love to do.
The possibilities are endless…
Now more than ever, our guiding principles are helping us in our search for exceptional talent – candidates who align with our unique workplace culture and who want to maximize
the abundant opportunities for growth and success.
If this describes you then let’s talk!
HSS is consistently among the top-ranked hospitals for orthopedics and rheumatology by U.S. News & World Report. As a recipient of the Magnet Award for Nursing Excellence, HSS was the first hospital in New York City to receive the distinguished designation. Whether you are early in your career or an expert in your field, you will find HSS an innovative, supportive and inclusive environment.
Working with colleagues who love what they do and are deeply committed to our Mission, you too can be part of our transformation across the enterprise.
Learning Management System Administrator
Identifies and communicates opportunities for process and quality improvements, providing feedback on usage, defects, and suggested enhancements.
Acts as an internal consultant by analyzing data and recommending solutions to utilize the LMS to deliver, track training and measure performance to meet organizational objectives.
Creates and updates resources to train and support learners on how to use the technology for online and professional development.
Develops and updates standardized tools and reporting for ongoing access to learning information; generates standard and custom reports and provides documentation as requested.
Participates in the annual SABA LMS upgrade and testing.
Assists with creation of training materials and/or communication for Saba upgrades.
- Maintain user security and permissions in Saba and provide administrator training.
- Creates and manages user structures including the creation of user groups and learning cohorts.
- Manages course enrollment including progress tracking.
- Create monthly badge scanning spreadsheet for Nursing.
- Updates attendance for all in-person and virtual learning sessions.
- Creates and manages the overall course structure and sets up course programs based on specifications from the instructional designer.
- Manages tracking of course revisions and history.
- Provides troubleshooting assistance for users regarding logging in to the LMS and accessing courses.
- Troubleshoots and resolves issues relating to system functionality and software systems.
- Serves as point of escalation for support issues, which may include interaction with LMS vendor and other vendor support services.
- Liaises with IAM to address any issues that arise regarding the Lawson/IAM/Saba interface. Manage automatic enrollment of NEO modules through IAM.
- Updates and maintains the departmental intranet site.
- Maintains inventory of all training materials, supplies, giveaways and equipment.
- Project manager for the annual online modules process.
- Develops and implements (in Articulate Storyline) all annual in-services and update NEO modules; liaise with SMEs to receive updated content.
- Develops and implements (in Articulate Storyline) one-off departmental specific modules and manager one-off training needs.
- Develops and implements soft-skills training modules as requested; converts existing content to assist in the creation and maintenance of an on-demand training library.
New Employee Orientation
- Manages New Employee Orientation (NEO), including scheduling and setup tasks, day-of-event logistical support, updating materials and other assistance as needed.
- Presents on eLearning at NEO and explains how to access the LMS.
- Presents on eLearning at New Leadership Orientation and explains how managers can utilize the LMS.
- Checks that all new hires are added to Saba, enrolled in correct modules, do not have duplicative e-mail accounts, and complete Orientation modules.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strong knowledge of learning management systems
- Experience with e-learning platforms and design software (Articulate, Captivate)
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments
- Technical skills including troubleshooting, and understanding of directory, file structures, and systems
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues
- Ability to collaborate with others at all levels of the organization as well as vendors
- Ability to gain new technical skills quickly
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate complex technical concepts in layman’s terms
- BS degree in Education, Training, HR or related field
- 3-5 years previous experience with Learning management/e-learning software
- Previous experience working in Healthcare/Academia highly desirable.