Product Management Muscatine, Iowa
Position at Allsteel Inc.
Allsteel, an industry leader in workplace furnishings and a top brand in the HNI Corporation enterprise, is in search of a Product Manager to join our team in Muscatine, IA!
As a Product Manager, you will coordinate with project engineering teams, procurement, and operations through product development process, costing, investment, testing, and implementation to deliver business results that meet customer’s needs and brand objectives. You will understand market opportunities through analysis of market trends, obtaining end user, dealer, and field sales input, and conducting market and competitive research. You will support aggressive profitable growth, build market power, achieving “best in class” cost leadership, and enhancing our culture and member capabilities.
Some of the essential aspects of the position include:
- Conduct competitive product and price analysis to determine product line strengths and weaknesses, opportunities, and threats for use in formulation of 3-year product plans, pricing strategies, and to provide support information to sales training department for use in competitive product training.
- Develop 3-year product and financial strategies and action plans based on market share and trends research, and response to product line strengths and weaknesses, opportunities and threats according to competitive product and price research.
- Work with market research, sales, and customers to determine and define new product opportunities and enhancements to existing offerings based on market trends and analysis and verification of customer needs.
- Conduct EVA (Economic Value Added) financial assessments on all new product development and enhancement projects to determine and receive approval of financial viability before proceeding with product development.
- Manage new product development and existing product enhancement projects in cooperation with product engineering, market research, brand communications, and public relations departments according to new product development process procedures.
- Define and communicate scope and pricing of new or enhanced product model offerings and finishes to product engineering, manufacturing operations, and brand communications through the completion of MDS’s (Model Number Detail Sheets).
- Analyze existing product offerings to identify products that do not meet sales and profit requirements and develop and execute action plans to meet requirements through a combination of cost reduction, price adjustments, design improvements, or product de-emphasis and discontinuation.
- Determine price increases for product models based on raw material cost increases, competitive price analysis, and profit margin requirements.
- Work with brand management and public relation departments in supporting development of price guides, print collateral, advertising, public relations, and interactive sales tools, by providing pricing, product specifications, feature and benefit, and market/product positioning information.
- Develop and give product presentations in support of information requirements for sales meetings, new product launch public relations press tours and dealer sales training, customer visits to corporate headquarters, and project tollgate approvals.
- Participate in activities as appropriate to ensure the success of the organization.
What it takes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business administration, Marketing, or related field. Master’s preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years brand, product marketing, business, or related experience.
- Strong leadership, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Proven customer support orientation (int./ext.) and superior communication/presentation skills.
- Proven ability to conduct financial analysis and provide financial guidance to aid in making sound decisions.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Why HNI Corporation?
HNI Corporation (NYSE: HNI) is a manufacturer of workplace furnishings and building products, operating under two segments. The workplace furnishings segment is a leading global designer and provider of commercial furnishings, going to market under multiple unique brands. The residential building products segment is the nation’s leading manufacturer and marketer of hearth products, which include a full array of gas, electric, wood, and pellet-burning fireplaces, inserts, stoves, facings, and accessories.
As one of the larger employers in Iowa, HNI Corporation has been ranked by Industry Week magazine as one of the “Top 100 Best Managed Companies in the World”, by Fortune magazine as “The Most Admired Company” in the furniture industry; and named by Chief Executive Magazine as one of the world’s best companies for leadership development.
Allsteel, headquartered in Muscatine, Iowa and recently named as an “Iowa Top Workplace”, is a leading brand of HNI Corporation. At Allsteel, we believe that our office furniture products should address and solve workplace problems. Our furniture is made to improve productivity, make offices more efficient, increase comfort and make day-to-day tasks that much easier. We’ve worked collaboratively with some of America’s leading designers, including Mitch Bakker, Bruce Fifield, Marcus Koepke, and BMW Group DesignworksUSA. Our product work often wins awards from the Industrial Designers Society of America, the International Interior Design Association, the American Institute of Architects, and Best of NeoCon, and is frequently recognized by design and architectural magazines.
We invite you to visit us at www.HNICorp.com for the best visual overview of our organization.
Our company endeavors to make www.hnicareers.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at 563-272-7400 or via email at email@example.com . The Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, gender, ethnicity, religion, national origin, ancestry, nationality, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or on any other basis prohibited by law (except where an attribute is a bona fide occupational qualification).