HNI Corporation is a global family of brands for the workplace and home dedicated to enhancing the spaces where we live, work, and gather. We pride ourselves on providing our members with promising career opportunities and an environment where we strive to make a positive impact on others; upholding our beliefs in integrity, inclusion and belonging.
What we need:
We are adding a Corporate Social Responsibility Manager to our team in Muscatine, Iowa!
What you’ll do:
- Assist in key programs and initiatives to continue advancing HNI’s Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental (CSR), Social and Governance (ESG) strategy
- Advise on material CSR issues relevant to the organization, members, communities, and shareholders while considering opportunities for business growth and risk mitigation
- Assist in the design, implementation, and future direction of HNI’s social responsibility strategy, goals, and objectives
- Assist in developing and altering policies, practices, and disclosures that conform to the strategy and address current trends
- Gather feedback from all key stakeholders and track, analyze, and report on progress of key CSR performance indicators
- Manage external communication and company submissions to rating and ranking agencies on material developments of HNI’s CSR/ ESG performance and credentials including: S&P Global CSA, CDP, ISS, MSCI, etc.
- Create internal communications to reinforce the company’s social responsibility policies and drive a culture of awareness within HNI that inspires members to contribute to HNI’s strategy
- Work cross-functionally to develop and implement successful marketing, corporate communications, and public relations strategies
- Conduct trend and risk analysis, competitive benchmarking and market research to anticipate new and emergency CSR/ ESG trends and critical developments related to standard setters like SASB (Value Reporting Foundation), GRI, and other recognized reporting standards/frameworks
- Manage and advise on HNI’s renewable energy and carbon smart strategy
- Assist in developing auditing protocol for CSR programs and participate in audits to confirm adherence to HNI procedures
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Sustainability, Environmental Science, or related field. Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 6 years of professional experience in Environmental Management, Sustainability, Corporate Social Responsibility or related field
- Experience as a CSR leader in a publicly traded company
What you’re good at:
- Project and program management with an emphasis on reporting, communications and environmental programs
- Building relationships using a collaborative approach; ability to bring leadership together around a shared vision
- Success leading large-scale initiatives, engaging a variety of stakeholders to business process transformation and organizational change
- Ability to travel up to 30%
We look forward to hearing from you!
Why HNI Corporation?
HNI Corporation (NYSE: HNI) is a manufacturer of workplace furnishings and building products, operating under two segments. The workplace furnishings segment is a leading global designer and provider of commercial furnishings, going to market under multiple unique brands. The residential building products segment is the nation’s leading manufacturer and marketer of hearth products, which include a full array of gas, electric, wood, and pellet-burning fireplaces, inserts, stoves, facings, and accessories.
As one of the larger employers in Iowa, HNI Corporation has been ranked by Industry Week magazine as one of the “Top 100 Best Managed Companies in the World”, by Fortune magazine as “The Most Admired Company” in the furniture industry; and named by Chief Executive Magazine as one of the world’s best companies for leadership development.
We invite you to visit us at www.HNICorp.com for the best visual overview of our organization.
Our company endeavors to make www.hnicareers.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at 563-272-7400 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, gender, ethnicity, religion, national origin, ancestry, nationality, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or on any other basis prohibited by law (except where an attribute is a bona fide occupational qualification).