As one of the world’s largest fashion companies with more than 171,000 employees worldwide, H&M is an exciting and dynamic place to pursue a career within the fashion industry. Our business concept is to offer fashion and quality at the best price in a sustainable way and with our fast expansion we are always looking for new talents. Would you like to be part of our team?
As a leader on the Central Talent team, you’ll serve as a strategic partner to cross-functional leaders throughout the Sales organization to be a driver of brand growth and transformation at H&M US. You’ll be trusted to work autonomously to develop and execute on sourcing strategies to build a strong Sales Market and Store leadership talent pipeline, drive an exceptional candidate experience, and champion standardization, transparency, and inclusiveness in our interview and assessment processes.
The Talent Acquisition Partner- Retail is an integral partner in managing recruiting activities and building candidate relationships; often providing candidates with their first impression of H&M. The scope of this role expands beyond strategic talent acquisition, focused on the sales organization, and includes other talent-related projects and work needed to support the evolution of our customer centric business journey.
Core Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Manage full-cycle recruiting process, ensuring a smooth and positive candidate experience.
- Manage and prioritize a high volume of job requisitions across all Sales areas with varying levels of seniority (e.g. Sales Market, Area, Store Leadership etc.).
- Proactively source, attract, and engage with active and passive talent through a variety of methods to build a consistent pipeline.
- Gain a deep understanding of H&M Group’s culture, products, strategic direction, and competitors, using this knowledge to help craft job descriptions, build recruitment strategies, and create compelling messaging to potential candidates.
- Champion diversity and culture in all aspects of the hiring process, from content of job descriptions, formulation of interview panels as well as candidate experience.
- Lead candidates through recruitment process beginning with recruiter phone screens, to facilitating and overseeing interviews, through to final stage negotiations and hiring.
- Contribute to hiring processes & procedures, employer branding, onboarding, and organizational planning that will allow the company to scale and transform effectively.
- Develop strong relationships with hiring managers to understand and ensure alignment on the specifications of each role needed while executing solid sourcing and recruiting plans.
- Prepare hiring team and candidates for interviews, educating both parties on interview strategy, legal and compliance factors, and overall timeline for hiring.
- Proactively partner with business leaders to provide consultation on talent acquisition strategies, market intelligence, hiring best practice, and emerging talent trends.
- Influence and guide key stakeholders in nuanced and challenging conversations and situations with candidates, utilizing expertise in the recruitment landscape and candidate pool.
- Proactively look for new ways to improve Talent Acquisition and Interview process, help execute new processes with hiring teams and across the Sales organization.
- Lead and influence talent decisions based on expert knowledge of business, external market and candidate capabilities.
Relationship and Project Management; including but not limited to Strategic Talent, HR, and I&D Projects, Talent Management and Succession Planning, Reporting, Campus Recruitment, Digital Platform Strategy, Employer Branding, Vendor Management
- Maintains current knowledge of Sales function to efficiently and effectively recruit and foster relationships across the country.
- Talent mapping and pipelining for Store Leadership, Area, and Sales Market level roles, plus headcount planning.
- Partner closely with HR to identify and anticipate TA challenges and business needs.
- Partner with Central and Sales HR team on HR initiatives and projects.
- In partnership with Employer Branding, creates cost effective marketing and branding strategies to attract quality applicants and specialized hires that recognize H&M as an “employer of choice.”
- Oversee and drive hiring events both countryside and local to specific Sales Markets.
- Network with academic institutions, college programs and outplacement firms as needed.
- Work in collaboration with I&D Leadership to refresh the global talent attraction diversity strategy by staying connected to innovative workforce diversity, recruitment tools and best practices.
- Build a strong, diverse candidate pipeline, including leveraging external partnerships and reaching out to passive candidates to provide exposure to H&M and job opportunities.
- Support the development and execution of diversity related projects, including any strategic hiring programs or talent development initiatives.
- Actively participate in all Retail staffing related activities and events as brand ambassador.
- Participate in strategic HR related projects and initiatives as assigned.
- Perform other related duties and additional ad hoc projects connected to talent strategy.
- Collaborate with other members of the Talent Team to drive TA efficiencies and performance.
- Use reporting and metrics to improve recruiting efficiency and outcomes where applicable.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- An academic degree is preferred, or a combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in multi-unit retail recruiting capacity.
- Proven track record of large volume retail recruitment.
- Must have experience with Applicant Tracking Systems.
- Strong background in wide range of job categories within the retail environments.
- Strong sourcing and interview skills and ability to select high-quality talent.
- Strong interpersonal skills: the ability to ‘read the room’ and react to your audience.
- Team oriented and collaborative with the ability to flex in support of the timelines, deliverables of team members.
- An advocate for and supporter of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
- A problem solver with the ability to develop creative solutions, recognizing when to elevate situations to manager.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- An effective time manager, comfortable working on multiple requisitions at various stages.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive information with tact and discretion.
- A strong, effective communicator, that can autonomously manage relationships with candidates and hiring managers.
- Able to thrive in an agile environment, comfortable with changing candidate and hiring manager needs.
- A helpful team player with business maturity in a professional setting, willing to roll up your sleeves and partner with team members based on bandwidth.
- An active participant in teamwide meetings and conversations; eager to ask questions and provide thoughtful insight.
- A self-starter, consistently motivated, proactive and resourceful, seeking feedback.
- A desire to stay on top of recruitment and industry trends.
Preferred Skills and Experiences:
- Proficient in LinkedIn Recruiter for posting jobs, starting searches, sending InMail’s, maintaining projects, and keeping up to date candidate notes.
- Comfortable negotiating candidate salaries, start dates, etc. when extending offers.
- Familiar and comfortable using Microsoft Office Suite on a daily basis (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, etc.)
Job Status: Salary, Exempt
EEOC Code: PRO
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.