Leadership Lake City, Minnesota
Every professional wants to work for an industry leader. Now is your chance as Hearth & Home Technologies is hiring a Operations Manager in Lake City, MN.
A career at Hearth & Home Technologies puts you in the position of working with the most popular brands in the industry, and having an impact on a product that people love. The hearth is the center of the home and family life.
Hearth & Home Technologies provides careers that fuel your professional growth. You’ve already reached an impressive level of success in your career, and now is the time to capitalize on all of your skills in a rewarding career without limits.
The team you work with will be highly skilled and trained. The products and company you represent are best-in-class.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Participate in strategic direction of the plant and manages policy deployment in the areas of quality, delivery, cost and safety for a single line/department.
- Areas of responsibility additionally may include, but are not limited to: cost reduction, customer satisfaction, member relations, BPI progress and visual controls.
- Achieve results in quality, delivery, cost / productivity, safety by budgeting or allocating resources appropriately.
- Keep team members informed regarding current policies, procedures, company and department performance, customer feedback, and improvement opportunities; provide direction for production processes, systems and engineering focus, and appropriately and effectively enforce policies/programs/etc to meet expectations and continuously improve.
- Actively participate in a Rapid Continuous Improvement and Business Process Improvement culture within the facility; actively seeking out and leading improvement activity in their respective dept.
- Coach Members and provide leadership in-person for faster problem resolution, continuous improvement, and improved working relationships throughout the facility.
- Directs selection of new Members and internal Member promotions, transfers, reclassification and termination in accordance with Company philosophy, policies and practices.
- Ensures proper and appropriate training, counseling, and discipline is provided for Members in accordance with Company policies, procedures and philosophy.
- Effectively manage capital investments, operating expenses, staffing and wages.
Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to write, speak and present information effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Must be highly organized with the ability to perform multiple tasks and priorities.
- Ability to accurately interpret complex data and business information required (i.e. budgets, financial statements, P&L).
- Must be computer literate, particularly in shop floor control, production planning, and inventory control and project management applications.
Education & Experience
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business or a related field is preferred. May substitute four years equivalent experience in a progressive leadership role.
- Must lead via both influence and direct management to achieve results in a timely manner
- Two to four years of production supervision experience, including responsibility for department performance, scheduling/material flow, member relations and department budgets.
- Must be willing to periodically assist members on the shop floor in order to build teamwork, participate in RCI and BPI events and meet production schedules.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of lean manufacturing methods and techniques.
About Working for Hearth & Home Technologies
Take ownership of your career with a job that ignites your passions and rewards your hard work. At Hearth & Home Technologies, you will have the opportunity to Burn Brighter working with a supportive team developing industry-leading hearth products.
Hearth & Home Technologies is an operating division of HNI Corporation (NYSE: HNI). We design, manufacture and distribute a wide variety of gas, electric, wood and biomass burning fireplaces, inserts, stoves and accessories. Lakeville, Minnesota is our home, but we have locations throughout the United States.
As we continue expanding our operations, we’re looking for leaders who are confident in what they do, but open to learning from others. Hardworking professionals who take pride in their company as much as their work. Are you ready to drive meaningful change to our business, to learn through challenging work experiences and to act like an owner?