Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a Financial Analyst? At HCA Healthcare, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
At HCA Healthcare, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Financial Analyst like you to be a part of our team.
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Clinical Operations Group (COG) is HCA Healthcare’s clinical strategic team focused on improving the patient, clinician, and physician experience across its enterprise. COG Finance and Administration (F&A / Finance) manages a complex system of cost controls and reporting across multiple lines of business in a highly collaborative modern work environment. The Financial Analyst will support COG financial reporting activities, accounting, and general finance operations including contract management, budget preparation assistance, portfolio management, and other various activities supporting the Finance & Administration team. This role reports directly to the COG Director of Finance. Work product is highly visible to senior executive leadership of COG and HCA Healthcare.
- Understanding and stewardship of HCA Healthcare accounting policies and COG finance processes.
- Formulates and improves processes linked to quality and documentation.
- Independent creation and continuous enhancement of visual financial reports that communicate clear, concise financial messages to audiences of financial and non-financial backgrounds.
- Month end financial reporting (actual and projections) including identification of variances to budget and projections, root cause identification and analysis.
- Assist COG F&A leadership in budget development and monitoring, budgeting tool creation/maintenance, and information gathering.
- Work with corporate accounting department and COG Controllers to process and track invoice payments, intercompany transactions, and other payables activities.
- Support general Finance Operations.
- Perform contract management and contract compliance activities for physician contracts and vendor contracts.
- Enforce accounting and travel policies in processing expense reports and vendor invoices.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1-3 years preferred but will waive for Master’s degree in applicable field (see detail in section below)
Public Accounting or Corporate Accounting/Finance experience preferred
Four year Bachelor’s degree in business required (Finance or Accounting preferred)
Master’s in business-related field (e.g., MBA, M.Acc., MHA, etc.) preferred
CPA or actively pursuing certification preferred
Proven expertise in meeting management, strong presentation skills, and executive presence required
Strong service orientation, communication, and relationship building skills required
Ability to create financial and other business models using business intelligence tools required
Ability to quickly learn new tools and adapt the use of those tools to the existing environment required
Ability to remain flexible and calm in an ever-changing work environment required
Self-motivated, critical thinker & problem solver with “lifelong learning” & continuous improvement mindset
Demonstrated team player with customer-focused approach and ability to identify and drive results
Expert-level proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs (i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) required
Experience using Tableau, Power BI and/or other visual reporting and data analytics tools required
Ability and willingness to proactively identify & self-teach/learn new tools applicable to role required
HCA Healthcare (Corporate), based in Nashville, Tennessee, supports a variety of corporate roles from business operations to administrative positions. Like our colleagues in any HCA Healthcare hospital, our corporate campus employees enjoy unparalleled resources and opportunities to reach their potential as healthcare leaders and innovators. From market rate compensation to continuing education and career advancement opportunities, every person has a solid foundation for success. Nashville is also home to our Executive Development Program, where exceptional employees are groomed to take on CNO- and COO-level roles in our hospitals. This selective program focuses on ethics, leadership and the financial and clinical knowledge required of professionals at this level of the industry.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
“Good people beget good people.”- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Financial Analyst opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.