WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world’s best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
HBO Max is where storytelling takes center stage and where creatives find a home with the support and resources to do their best work, no matter the genre or format. Whatever the viewer wants to watch is front and center and more of what they crave is easily discovered. It is where our exclusive HBO Max Originals and iconic entertainment brands thrive, with HBO, Warner Bros., DC, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network and more delivering the greatest array of series, movies and specials for audiences of all ages. HBO Max launched in the US in May 2020 and will launch in Latin America and Europe during 2021.
Join us. Shape your story here.
We’re looking for a Staff Data Scientist to join our Consumer Data Science team to help improve our AVOD business. As the Staff Data Scientist, you will be responsible for using your expertise in machine learning to solve business challenges including but not limited to ads optimization, ads targeting, and ads personalization.
- Apply your statistical and analytical expertise to drive informed decisions about growing and improving our ads monetization online system
- Investigate opportunities in ads optimization, ads targeting, and ads personalization
- Understand AVOD user experience and work with marketing/product to improve the experience and thus increase retention
- Provide technical mentorship for junior data scientists.
- Understand the data and lead the ETL process to utilize large volumes of first party, second party, and third-party data for modeling purposes
- Define metrics, understand A/B testing and statistical measurement of model quality
- Evaluate and facilitate the integration of additional sources of data that can enhance analytic capability, continually identify and fix issues that could enforce robust analytic processes
- Work on building and executing plans to optimize the use and value of data to increase consumer engagement and better decision-making across the organization.
- Present models and methodology to senior management and socialize results and learnings within the organization to drive business decisions
- Collaborate with:
- MLE team to deploy models
- Stakeholders to understand their needs
- BI and engineering teams to implement the tools needed to support the empowerment of the organization with data
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science, or other computational disciplines; PhD degree is preferred
- 5+ years of experience in data science roles with a PhD degree or 8+ years of experience in data science roles with a graduate degree
- Experience with digital advertising is required
- Experience with Ad targeting
- Significant experience working with relational databases and SQL
- Advanced-level proficiency in Python
- Experience with working in cloud-based environments like AWS
The Nice to Haves
- Proven ability in building relationships and collaborating with stakeholders across large organizations
- Experience with entertainment/media experience
- Experience with Pyspark/Scala
- Experience with AVOD
- Experience working with data from digital ad platforms, e.g. Facebook, Google Ads, etc
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.