Hartford Athletic is Connecticut’s professional soccer team competing in the United Soccer League. Hartford Athletic strives to provide a world-class professional soccer experience and to build community through the beautiful game. Our Club aims to make the city, state, and region proud, and, in doing so, make Hartford the best place to live, work, and play.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assisting on events and match days with the following:
- Ensure proper placement of equipment for the playing field and technical area.
- Set-up and breakdown of sponsor field signage.
- Assist with pre-match and halftime ceremonies to assure the match starts and resumes at the designated times.
- Set-up and breakdown of parking lots; running them on match days
- Work with security forces, runners and communicate with the press box.
- Provide game officials with any assistance needed before, during, or after match.
- Assure compliance with the match timelines and match day information.
- Give notice to the home team, visiting team and referees to ensure they take their positions on time for pre-match ceremonies/introductions and for the second half.
- Assist in preparation and attendance at Watch Parties and other Supporter events.
- Assist in outreach to bringing non-soccer events to Dillon Stadium.
- Work directly with Director, Operations on executing all league, city, and state protocols around COVID-19.
- Other duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary by the Club.
- Knowledge and interest in sports.
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication skills and telephone etiquette.
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program and eligible for college credit or willing to volunteer.
- Available to work all home match days, nights and weekends and often under inclement weather conditions. A typical match day could begin as early as 12:00 PM and end at 12:00 AM or later.
- Ability to lift and carry at least 50 pounds.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.