Full Job Description
We’re thrilled to announce Handshake’s $80M Series E funding round. From the start, we’ve made it our mission to break down barriers and create equitable access to great jobs. We’re expanding our mission to build a platform students love, that helps early talent of all backgrounds receive access to opportunities – no matter who they know or where they go to school.
Handshake is the largest early career network, helping millions of students from all backgrounds get hired and launch their careers with no connections, experience, or luck required. The Handshake community includes 18 million students and young alumni (9 million active students & alumni) from 1,400 educational institutions including four-year colleges, community colleges, boot camps, and 290+ minority-serving institutions. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with 600,000+ employers recruiting on Handshake – from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, and more. Handshake is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Denver, New York, and London.
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply. We believe skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
You will be a part of Handshake’s Business Planning & Strategy team supporting our go-to-market (GTM) organization. You will play an integral part in Handshake’s success by helping the sales and marketing teams build the best place for students and young professionals to discover their dream career.
The Business Planning & Strategy team is responsible for improving strategic decision making across Handshake. Our team’s core value is trust – you will build it by making what is complex simple, and with elegant models that are both accurate and easy-to-understand. Business partners will appreciate your insight and trust you to help them solve difficult problems. At Handshake, we believe that good ideas can come from anywhere, and we’ll trust you to collaborate with others, form intelligent opinions, and present your thoughts to decision makers and the executive team.
- Build relationships and partner directly with Handshake’s Chief Revenue Officer, VP of Employer Marketing and other leaders of the broader Employer go-to-market (GTM) team
- Build trust through numerically-driven insights and ad hoc analyses to predict trends for making strategic decisions, which will include GTM strategy formulation across both sales and marketing, such as channel investment, capacity planning, and commission strategy
- Develop and track KPIs to drive execution and identify opportunities for operational improvement, including LTV, CAC, payback, conversion, and sales rep productivity
- Initiate, manage, and successfully execute new, cross-functional initiatives to improve efficiency, productivity, and performance across the teams
- Manage the GTM teams forecast and budgets and ensure they have sufficient resources to invest properly behind key strategic initiatives
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, or other relevant field
- 2 to 4 years of experience in investment banking, private equity, or consulting
- 2+ years of finance, strategy or business operations at a high growth SaaS company
- Highly analytical and data driven, with an excellent proficiency in Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Strong experience with SQL and data visualization tools (Looker, Tableau)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to drive consensus across cross-functional teams and influence decision making
- Exceptional problem-solving, with a highly analytical and inquisitive work style with a keen attention to detail – but also ability to see the big picture
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment with a high degree of autonomy
Bonus Areas of Expertise:
- Experience in HR/talent technology or marketplace/network businesses
- Passion for Handshake’s mission
- MBA from top tier business program
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- …And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Interested in what Handshake’s San Francisco HQ is like when we’re together? Check out this video:
Just browsing or not ready to apply? Keep in touch* with us!*
Job Type: Full-time