Full Job Description
HEALTHCARE REVENUE CYCLE SENIOR ASSOCIATE
You need a full-service advisory capability and we’re here to help dynamic organizations. We focus on our client’s market – their industry, their issues. Through clear insights, practical solutions and an unmatched commitment to quality, we help clients solve problems, manage risk and seize opportunities to unlock their potential for growth. In working with us to reach your growth objectives, you can benefit from unmatched quality and the scores to prove it; a full-service advisory portfolio that’s easy to access; deep specialization to get to the root of the issue; and a global reach with local know-how.
Grant Thornton’s Healthcare Advisory Services practice was chartered to create a suite of solutions that serve healthcare provider executives and their key business challenges. The solution sets will assist healthcare providers improve revenue cycle, operations and supply chain, physician integration, information technology enablement and regulatory and reimbursement processes. Our professionals are thought leaders who provide personalized attention and quality service to each of our clients. We deliver tangible business solutions which are a direct result of our strong industry experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain active communication with clients to manage expectations and communicate engagement priorities.
- Work closely with senior management to develop appropriate work plan to meet client needs.
- Responsible for day-to-day work plan and engagement delivery in accordance with expectations.
- Track engagement progress to work plan on a routine basis.
- Perform financial and general data analysis.
- Consult, work with, and service client base to make recommendations on business and process improvement.
- Serve as a trusted business adviser to client.
- Assist in building and implementing programs to improve solution sets.
- Develop project vision and set challenging personal and client service team goals.
- Think strategically about project enhancements and be able to embrace and manage change.
- Assist in developing drafts of client worthy materials (e.g. deliverables, memorandums, project plans, etc.),
- Participate and learn all aspects of business development.
- Assist in all aspects of proposals, including writing.
- Utilize multiple tools to manipulate, cleans, and interpret data (e.g. Microsoft Access).
- Perform other job-related duties as necessary.
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
- Manage, develop, train, and mentor staff on projects and assess engagement performance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration and/or a Master’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Health or Hospital Administration.
- At least two years of progressive advisory or consulting experience within a medium or large professional services and advisory firm or major management consulting firm.
- Experience in performing revenue cycle process improvement engagements for healthcare providers.
- Epic and/or Cerner experience a plus.
- Epic certification(s) a plus.
- Familiarity with key components of the healthcare revenue cycle.
- Experience with either implementing or optimizing the revenue cycle for clients.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience delivering presentations to groups and teams.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of products, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Very good analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong business acumen and complex problem solving skills.
- Ability to work additional hours and willingness to travel up to 80%