Full Job Description
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: New York, NY, USA; Atlanta, GA, USA; Sunnyvale, CA, USA.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial, or Construction Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- 15 years of experience in operations and manufacturing.
- 10 years of experience implementing lean practices across programs in construction, manufacturing, or other mission-critical industries.
- Ability to travel in the region up to 25% of the time.
- Master’s degree, PhD, further education or experience in engineering, computer science or other technical related field.
- 15 years of relevant, demonstrated experience in operations and manufacturing.
About the job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you’ll use your technical expertise to lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish. You’ll work with stakeholders to plan requirements, identify risks, manage project schedules, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. You’re equally comfortable explaining your team’s analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical tradeoffs in product development with engineers.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
One of the main objectives of Data Center Infrastructure Delivery (DCID) team is to transform our Data Center (DC) delivery from traditional construction to a modular manufacturing and assembly model for its products by enabling compression of our schedule and achieve construction velocity.
Field Integration and Assembly (FIA)’s aim is to design modularized products which connect infrastructure products, optimize procurement and installation work packages, and standardize assembly processes at site.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google’s product portfolio possible. We’re proud to be our engineers’ engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Partner with design execution, data center configuration, product teams, engineering teams to define a common vision for how sustaining operations and additional details needed to implement and support design, engineering, planning, and execution sustaining operations.
- Maintain a long-term plan and manage a cross-functional team of engineers and construction experts to drive delivery efficiency within the Google portfolio through application of systems engineering and manufacturing principles.
- Establish and maintain sustaining operations models and global relationships with multiple vendors including engineering and manufacturing entities, general contractors.
- Research and implement new design and manufacturing construction means and methods. Carry design concepts through execution.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.