Full Job Description
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: New York, NY, USA; Mountain View, CA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of experience in business development, partnerships, management consulting, investment banking, private equity, and/or other customer-facing roles
- Experience working with agreements or discussing deals
- Experience working cross-functionally with product and/or engineering teams
- MBA or other advanced degree
- Experience working on complex agreements with ecosystem partners
- Experience supporting early-stage and incubative product areas, working directly with Legal, Product, and Marketing teams
- Ability to work effectively in an ambiguous and rapidly changing environment
- Excellent presentation, written, and verbal communication skills, including with executive cross-functional audiences
- Strategic thinker who communicates needs, priorities, and plans in a simple, structured manner
About the job
As a Strategic Partner Development Manager, you’ll open doors with potential partners, lead exploratory discussions and evaluate/develop business opportunities. You will lead cross-functional teams, provide thought leadership and serve as a mentor to managers and associates. You are comfortable escalating and presenting business development strategies and key issues to senior management. You’ll work closely with Google Product, Engineering, Legal and Sales teams on new product initiatives and key strategic relationships that support our online advertising business.
In this role, you will focus on global strategy and execution for the App Actions platform. You will support key cross-company Google Assistant goals for actions integrations with mobile applications.
Google’s Global Partnerships team powers extraordinary user experiences through partnerships that solve users’ needs, advance our partners’ goals, and further Google’s mission. Our team provides meaningful solutions — from helping publishers and developers grow their businesses through monetization solutions, to helping our long-term partners anticipate and navigate change in a way that delivers economic and reputational value. We build and distribute products through partnerships across a multitude of product areas, including Ads, Search & Assistant, Geo, Platforms & Ecosystems, Devices & Services, Health, Retail, Payments, Next Billion Users, and more. We collaborate across Google, ensuring a coordinated approach when engaging with our most complex and strategic partners.
- Collaborate with other Partnerships teams (i.e., Product, Marketing, gTech, Legal, Strategy Operations, Leadership) to develop, present, and execute partner strategies to support product launches
- Advise on the product road map, critical user journeys, partner incentives, and monetization model where relevant
- Manage and discuss development, integration, and co-marketing agreements
- Develop partnership strategies to present to cross-functional leadership to inform go-to-market plans
- Execute on partnerships, including working cross-functionally to develop partner pitches, building external relationships, leading meetings with partners, and managing partnerships
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.