Full Job Description
Applications will be accepted through November 29th, 2021.
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Mountain View, CA, USA; Austin, TX, USA; New York, NY, USA.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 17 years of experience in management consulting, product management, engineering, or operations roles within a technical organization.
- 17 years of experience managing organizational change management/transformation initiatives, and leading strategic and operational initiatives and core business planning.
- Experience operating in organizations with cross-functional, product, technical, or operational elements.
- Global leadership experience.
- Stakeholder management experience with the ability to create relationships, influence, and collaborate at all organizational levels and with various cross-functional partners.
- Experience working with relevant products and technologies and the ability to translate technical issues into impact on product direction.
About the job
As the Senior Director, Technical Program Manager for Corporate Engineering (Corp Eng), you will report directly to the Head of Core Product Management Organization, serving as a key advisor and strategist partner to the CIO in developing the business strategy, organizational structure and cadence, and frameworks to operate effectively at increasing scale and complexity. In this role, you will work closely with Engineering, Product Management, and Operations within the Core teams and across all Google, often coordinating and collaborating more broadly with partner Product Areas. In this role, you will evolve the program management discipline across Corp Eng and enable us to deliver our strategy for smarter, faster and safer business systems at Google.
The Core team builds the technical foundation behind Google’s flagship products. We are owners and advocates for the underlying design elements, developer platforms, product components, and infrastructure at Google. These are the essential building blocks for excellent, safe, and coherent experiences for our users and drive the pace of innovation for every developer. We look across Google’s products to build central solutions, break down technical barriers and strengthen existing systems. As the Core team, we have a mandate and a unique opportunity to impact important technical decisions across the company.
- Develop strategies for nascent efforts in Core.
- Partner with leaders and members of the Corp Eng team to define strategies for early-stage efforts and bring context of Core’s existing capabilities and future goals.
- Work with VPs and product/engineering leads to define efforts and transition from concept to execution, including aligning support and funding, identifying objectives and key results (OKRs), and positioning projects organizationally to be fully-functioning in the organization.
- Partner with organizations across Core and across Google to help shape Core’s top goals, define clear priorities, align resourcing, and enable our teams to execute and innovate at speed.
- Manage annual strategic/business planning process in coordination with other key teams. Help translate the strategy into action by working with global team members and other partners.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.