Full Job Description
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Austin, TX, USA; Mountain View, CA, USA; New York, NY, USA.
- JD degree or equivalent practical experience
- 8 years of experience in compliance, risk management, and/or legal
- Experience leading compliance program strategy and process design/mapping, creating risk assessments, developing common controls frameworks, and executing maturity assessments
- Experience in risk/maturity assessments, common controls frameworks, and process design/mapping
- Experience working at a technology and/or engineering company
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment, while working with and influencing cross-functional teams
About the job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Program Manager at Google, you’ll lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish — working with stakeholders to plan requirements, manage project schedules, identify risks, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. Your projects will often span offices, time zones, and hemispheres. It’s your job to coordinate the players and keep them up to date on progress and deadlines.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
In this role, you will work closely with and report to the Head of Compliance to develop, manage, and drive compliance initiatives in Geo. You will ensure policies, guidelines, laws, and regulations that impact our innovative projects are followed, while ensuring business goals are achieved. Your will manage risks across a variety of teams, topics, and compliance areas. You will engage with executive leaders and teams across Legal, Product Management, and Engineering.
Geo builds the most accurate, comprehensive, and useful maps for our users. More than a billion people rely on Google Maps services to explore the world and navigate their daily lives. That includes sailing down the Amazon river, choosing where to get a bite of pizza, and saving time in commuting.
Geo also helps merchants get their businesses on Google, and developers use the power of Google Maps to enhance their apps and websites. They are solving complex computer science problems, designing beautiful and intuitive product experiences, and improving the accuracy of our geo data, all in order to plot a course for the future of mapping.
- Develop and execute risk assessments in Geo and design follow-up programs to address risks.
- Lead strategic projects.
- Translate legal guidance into requirements and controls for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Work with business/process owners to develop effective processes, policies, controls, and goals that comply with laws, regulations, and standards.
- Provide general program management support on compliance issues in Geo and other cross-functional projects.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.