Full Job Description
This role may also be located in our Playa Vista, CA campus.
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location for this position from the following: Mountain View, CA, USA; New York, NY, USA; Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in technical product management, including creating full lifecycle product roadmaps and working with cross-functional teams.
- Experience developing consumer software products and technologies.
- Experience driving product vision, go-to-market strategy, and product delivery.
- 10 years of experience in product management, shipping consumer features, and building products through their lifecycle.
- Experience with recommendation systems, business intelligence, and/or analytics platforms.
- Experience inventing innovative and user-friendly products, within the consumer electronics domain.
- Ability to build an excellent user experience and lead/present small group and/or executive level discussions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
About the job
The TV Platforms team is focused on bringing the best of Google to TV.
As a Product Manager for Discovery and Analytics, your role is to build the systems that allow the TV to get content in front of users.
You will leverage data, analytics, and framework so that our teams and systems can make decisions, that take our users’ preferences and our knowledge of available TV content. You will work with teams that apply machine learning to help personalize user experience.
You will partner with engineering teams that build analytics and recommendation systems, and use business drivers and industry trends, while collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Contribute to the product growth and work collaboratively within a team that is responsible for the overall user experience.
- Set the vision and drive the roadmap for analytics, experimentation, and recommendation frameworks that decide what content is featured.
- Develop a vision for how to grow the product and frameworks in the context of emerging trends in technology, the industry, and consumer behavior.
- Collaborate to set the product vision and drive innovation.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.