Full Job Description
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Austin, TX, USA; Chicago, IL, USA; Kirkland, WA, USA.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in financial planning and analysis (FP&A), consulting or a related function, or 8 years with a relevant advanced degree.
- Experience in team building and development.
- Experience in Enterprise Cloud Finance.
- Experience managing complex business problems from inception to delivery (i.e. developing structured solutions).
- Ability to influence decision making at the executive level and align incentives across multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to maintain executive presence and perspective in the midst of changing timelines and rapid decision-making.
- Ability to lead and inspire a growing organization.
About the job
Financial Analysts ensure that Google makes sound financial decisions. As a Financial Analyst, your work, whether it’s modeling business scenarios or tracking performance metrics, is used by our leaders to make strategic company decisions. While working on multiple projects at a time, you are focused on the details while finding creative ways to solve big picture challenges.
Google Cloud is one of the fastest growing product areas at Google. Our Google Cloud Product Finance team leads the financial management for Product, Engineering, and Operations teams that build and promote Google Cloud products. As a Product Finance Manager, you will act as a trusted strategic adviser to the Google Cloud leadership team, advising on optimizing business economics and scaling hypergrowth businesses.
The name Google came from “googol,” a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Lead the Google Cloud Platform Efficiency and Cost Optimization Finance team and provide actionable financial data/analysis for the Google Cloud Platform teams to help identify and drive cost optimization mechanisms.
- Understand drivers of costs for Google Cloud Platform and develop frameworks for cost optimization around the drivers.
- Identify, develop, and enhance key operational cost metrics for the rapidly expanding Google Cloud Platform infrastructure fleet.
- Drive cross-functional efficiency projects across Product groups, Technical infrastructure, and Fleet Optimization teams.
- Build, develop, and lead a team of financial analysts.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form