- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or other Quantitative field (e.g. Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Statistics), or equivalent practical experience
- 7 years of experience working with data sets and conducting data analysis using SQL and Python.
- Master’s degree in a quantitative or scientific discipline (e.g., Business Analytics, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, Math, Physics, Engineering).
- Experience designing data models or table schema.
- Experience in application of machine learning like supervised/unsupervised learning, forecasting, predictive modeling etc.
- Experience working in consulting, direct to consumer or similar industries.
- Experience working with multiple functions/domains and managing end to end projects.
About the job
The YouTube Strategy, Business Operations & Analytics (SBA) team’s mission is to make YouTube commercially sustainable and more valuable, by identifying and steering the business towards the biggest opportunities, guiding the organization to make the best possible decisions, and enabling effective implementation and operations.
With teams globally dispersed, the SBA team works closely with YouTube leadership across the product, engineering and business organizations to address challenges and opportunities across the company, help chart the long-term direction for YouTube, and provide analytics and decision support for the planning of the business. SBA is a multi-specialist team, with several specialist capabilities across three pillars of the team: Strategy (Market & Competitive Intelligence, CEO Office & Corporate Strategy, Product & Business Strategy), Business Operations, and Analytics & Decision Support (Data Infrastructure, BI Products, Commercial Analytics).
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun — and we do it all together.
- Act as a thought leader in the creation of planning, strategy, objectives, and key results, and KPI development for your business domain. Make strategic and operational recommendations to achieve goals.
- Work cross-functionally with business leaders, Marketing, Operations, and Product teams in order to identify opportunities, design, and assess improvements to YouTube’s business.
- Make business recommendations, conveying findings at multiple levels including executive leadership, managers, and peers through visual displays of quantitative information.
- Manage larger strategic and cross-functional initiatives both on an on-going basis and on an ad-hoc basis.
- Conduct non-routine analyses, including data gathering, processing, analysis employing advanced statistical and machine learning methods, with ongoing deliverables to improve the quality of Insights teams.