Full Job Description
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of operations or supply chain experience.
- Quantitative and financial analysis experience in a product context using SQL, data warehousing, data modeling, extracting data, and designing ETL flows.
- Business analytical experience using Tableau, Qlikview, Looker, Python, or R.
- MBA or Master’s degree.
- Experience with engaging business operational teams using information derived to highlight and drive operational execution.
- Excellent project management skills with ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and manage ever-changing priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, with ability to innovate, and take creative approaches to issue resolution.
- Ability to work with global cross-functional teams.
- Interest in process improvements and cost optimization using analysis of data sets.
About the job
As a Financial Analyst, you will oversee and coordinate business metrics, operational analysis, service cost analysis, and optimization for the Reverse Logistics team under Consumer Hardware group. You will be part of the Google Hardware Reverse Supply Chain team to help drive business process and cost efficiencies in our service network that supports hardware products.
You will work closely with several internal cross-functional teams including Operations, Planning, Transportation, Finance, and Service engineering teams internally within Google and external service partners to complete business process improvements and cost efficiencies through impactful business insights.
The Reverse Supply Chain team at Google is responsible for delivering post-sales experiences for Google’s Hardware portfolio globally.
Google’s mission is to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user’s interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people’s lives better through technology.
- Model business processes and costs for optimal reverse strategy recommendations considering multiple variables (e.g., sales forecasts, return rates, logistics costs, return projections, historical trends, return forecasts, sales channels, geographies, bill of materials (BOM) cost, etc.).
- Develop insights on business processes, operational challenges, cost drivers/trends and coordinate with reverse logistics operations, planning, and test/service engineering functions to continuously improve and optimize the cost of reverse logistics, warranty, and service operations for designated product sectors.
- Work closely with the related cross-functional teams, finance analysts and related external teams to measure, track performance, ensure optimal visibility and actionable information related to operations and cost structures are maintained across key cost and business drivers.
- Identify business operational and cost reduction opportunities to drive changes across the reverse logistics global supply chain.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.