Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Mountain View, CA, USA; Atlanta, GA, USA; Austin, TX, USA; Cambridge, MA, USA; Chicago, IL, USA; Irvine, CA, USA; Los Angeles, CA, USA; New York, NY, USA; Pittsburgh, PA, USA; San Bruno, CA, USA; Seattle, WA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA; Washington, DC, USA.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience in talent research at an executive search or management consulting firm, or executive recruiting experience within a corporate environment.
- Experience creating search strategies, mapping markets, gleaning industry insights, and ensuring process and data quality.
- Experience maximizing the team as well as sole performance.
- Ability to stay up-to-date quickly on new markets and to run a thorough search process, including candidate research, outreach, engagement, evaluation, and presentation.
About the job
Google is known for innovative technologies, products, services, and for the people behind them. As part of our recruiting team, you will find candidates who bring an entrepreneurial spirit and a diversity of thought to all they do. You will be responsible for guiding candidates through our hiring process and connecting them to the magic of working at Google. You will also be comfortable with numbers and drawing insights from analytics to make our hiring process smarter and more efficient.
As an Executive Recruiting Researcher, you will focus on finding and hiring leadership talent who will help build, deliver, and drive our innovative technologies and services. You will be a talent scout, tapping into various tools and resources to uncover the best talent in the market, and matching them with the roles to which they are best aligned.
Great just isn’t good enough for our People Operations team (known elsewhere as “Human Resources”). We bring the world’s most innovative people to Google and provide the programs that help them thrive. Whether recruiting the next Googler, refining our core programs, developing talent, or simply looking for ways to inject some more fun into the lives of our Googlers, we bring a data-driven approach that is reinventing the human resources field. You’ll play an essential role advancing a more diverse, accessible, equitable, and inclusive Google through our hiring, promotion, retention, and inclusion practices.
- Lead research and sourcing efforts for executive-level talent searches across various functions (Engineering, Product management, etc.) in core consumer products, focusing on platforms and ecosystems, and assisting other areas.
- Partner with leadership recruiters on leadership searches, collaborating closely to advise executive hiring managers on search strategies, candidate profiles/pipeline, and industry trends and insights.
- Build proactive relationships with passive candidates to engage them over the longer term.
- Innovate to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our systems and processes.