- Bachelor’s degree in Law or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of relevant experience in a compliance function in a multinational company
- Experience managing projects that require leading the design and implementation of global risk and compliance programs and solutions
- Master’s degree in a related field (Accounting/Finance, Legal, Risk and Compliance)
- Experience with common control frameworks; risk assessments, and regulatory review and compliance requirements analysis
- Excellent leadership and problem-solving skills and attention to detail with experience solving problems across multiple functions and stakeholders
- Strong analytical capacity and experience in the operationalization and/or development of scalable solutions and structure within a complex environment
- Demonstrated project management and support abilities
- Developed written and verbal communication skills and ability to apply these in a wide variety of situations, including executive briefings
About The Job
Trust & Safety team members are tasked with identifying and taking on the biggest problems that challenge the safety and integrity of our products. They use technical know-how, excellent problem-solving skills, user insights, and proactive communication to protect users and our partners from abuse across Google products like Search, Maps, Gmail, and Google Ads. On this team, you’re a big-picture thinker and strategic team-player with a passion for doing what’s right. You work globally and cross-functionally with Google engineers and product managers to identify and fight abuse and fraud cases at Google speed – with urgency. And you take pride in knowing that every day you are working hard to promote trust in Google and ensuring the highest levels of user safety.
As a Content Compliance Regulatory Analyst, you will be part of the team responsible for proving compliance with existing and emerging content regulations. We balance regulatory requirements with the dynamic needs of our users and the values of our company. In this role, you will be on the front line of our compliance capability development and maturation. You will be responsible for building frameworks and processes that will deliver defensible risk and compliance at Google scale. In this role, you will be adept at beyond the box thinking, solving new problems, and agile execution at fast speed. You’ll stay informed about the dynamic (content) regulatory landscape, industry trends, and internal operations and communicate solution based recommendations to executives and drive innovative solutions.
At Google we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day. Trust & Safety is Google’s team of abuse fighting and user trust experts working daily to make the internet a safer place. We partner with teams across Google to deliver bold solutions in abuse areas such as malware, spam and account hijacking. A diverse team of Analysts, Policy Specialists, Engineers, and Program Managers, we work to reduce risk and fight abuse across all of Google’s products, protecting our users, advertisers, and publishers across the globe in over 40 languages.
- Collaborate and drive alignment with a broad range of partner teams such as Trust and Safety, Central Compliance, Legal, Government Affairs and Public Policy
- Own projects of moderate impact, risk, and complexity; act as subject matter expert and primary point person on multiple compliance areas, coordinate cross-functionally on requirements, maintain feedback loop with stakeholders to identify issues and drive further improvement
- Establish, augment, and lead tracking, monitoring, and reporting on compliance requirements derived from existing and emerging content regulations
- Provide compliance expertise and thought leadership on compliance obligations, identify areas of required investment, and also inform advocacy efforts of potential risks and unintended consequences of draft legislation
- Exhibit leadership presence with excellent cultural sensitivity, a global mindset; think holistically, with a bias to action, exemplary problem solving skills, and extraordinary attention to detail
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form .