About the Position
For more than 120 years, Goodyear has been developing products and services that keep the world moving. From emergency response vehicles that save lives each day to aircraft that make global travel possible to the cars, sport utility vehicles (SUVs) and trucks that bring people home to their families, Goodyear tires and service play an integral role in bringing people together and making transportation possible.
In our relentless pursuit of forward motion, Goodyear is constantly evolving to improve our performance. In addition to continuously enhancing product quality and developing new innovative technologies, we are also working toward building a better future, to keep the world moving.
In 2018, we launched Goodyear Better Future, our corporate responsibility framework, to enhance the existing governance of our high-priority sustainability focal areas. The framework helps ensure corporate responsibility is integrated into all levels of our organization, promotes communication and awareness, and drives alignment with our corporate strategy and stakeholder priorities.
To fully support this framework, Goodyear is looking to hire a Head of Global Sustainability Communications, to join our Global Communications team and envision, lead and execute highly visible sustainability communications campaigns to Goodyear’s external stakeholders and more than 70,000 associates. This position can be based in Akron, Ohio, or considered as a remote work opportunity with occasional travel to Goodyear’s headquarters in Akron.
- Identify and implement communications strategies to build external/internal awareness, raise Goodyear’s profile as a sustainability leader and influence internal culture.
- Work with agency support to develop a range of communications tactics that will resonate with all stakeholders and find white space opportunities to deliver compelling content.
- Lead development of public-facing sustainability materials (including the company’s annual Corporate Responsibility Report). Translate the critical role of tires’ in developing sustainable and safe future mobility solutions.
- Equip public-facing Goodyear teams to articulate Goodyear’s sustainability narrative to a variety of stakeholders (including customers and investors).
- Act as a communications business partner to the Sustainability Leadership Team (including the Chief Sustainability Officer).
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or a related field required
- Master’s degree in communications or a related field desired
- 8 or more years of experience
- Demonstrated experience in promoting corporate sustainability within a complex corporate environment
- Deep communications experience – Counseling senior leaders on corporate responsibility
- Knowledge of global reporting initiative (GRI) reporting compliance and United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
- Experience working with NGOs
Skills and Abilities
- An imaginative and original thinker with an entrepreneurial spirt
- Exhibits urgency, curiosity, proactivity and comfort with ambiguity
- Has a keen attention to detail, able to take the complex and make it simple
- Highly collaborative with the ability to lead through influence in a complex, global, matrixed organization
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 72,000 people and manufactures its products in 55 facilities in 23 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual’s race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the online application, or any other part of the employment process, please contact the Goodyear Candidate Care Line at 330.796.4500.
Nearest Major Market: Akron
Nearest Secondary Market: Cleveland
Job Segment: Communications, QA, Quality Assurance, CSR, Marketing, Technology, Quality, Management