As a Girl Rising intern, you will gain experience in the social impact space, learn what it’s like to work in a startup environment, explore how film can be used for social change, and learn how to use social media to build a social movement. In helping to share Girl Rising’s work with our Social Media community, you’ll have the chance to immerse yourself in Girl Rising’s unique program model and our work in 12 countries around the world. You will have the opportunity to participate in our bi-weekly status call and get to hear what the different Girl Rising teams are working on. You will have opportunities to speak with Girl Rising staff about their positions and the various programs they run.
The internship is 20 hours a week.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop social media calendar and craft first draft of all posts touching upon donate posts, program posts, inspirational posts, climate spotlights, partner posts, relevant GR events, international days and more. Posts will be placed in our content calendar and reviewed on a weekly basis by the Communications Manager.
- In addition to daily posts, social media intern to develop 5-7 Twitter posts each week highlighting recent articles or reports that relate to GR and our work as well as recent campaign and relevant focus areas (girls in sports, girls and climate change, etc.)
- Manage Statistics database and create series of 10-15 infographics together with Communications Manager on stats relating to girls’ education, girls’ education and climate change and more. Once complete, infographics to be scheduled on content calendar on a weekly basis.
- Monthly Newsletters: Communications Intern to assist with crafting of monthly newsletter sections
- Assist with additional research projects as needed
- Assist with event planning and preparation for GR’s summer virtual events. This includes sending out reminder emails, zoom links and more as well as assisting with manning the virtual chat.
- Additionally, Communications Intern will attend brown bag meetings with GR’s other summer interns each week as well as our bi-weekly staff meetings.
- We are only accepting applications from college and graduate level students
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using social media platforms and managing social media accounts. Design experience is a plus!
To apply, email Emma@girlrising.org with the subject line Communications Internship and your name.