Full Job Description
Responsible for working collaboratively with project stakeholders and functional managers to develop project goals and objectives, set project timeline, manage change, and control scope. Leads project team in collaboration with functional leadership to achieve project goals and objectives on time and within budget.
- Assemble project team, establish authority as project manager, gain consensus, and develop and effectively communicate a clear understanding of the project scope, objectives, mandates, timeframe, budget, and other project requirements.
- Follow the standard Project, Program and Portfolio Management Methodology GP3 to ensure standard and consistent delivery of projects across the enterprise while utilizing approved tools and templates for each stage of the project life cycle.
- Actively participates in and champions the establishment, continual improvement, and adoption of project management and other best practices through the IT PMO.
- Create and support an environment of collaboration and mutual support between the functional IT teams and the IT PMO.
- Contributes to employee goals and performance appraisals as related to assigned projects.
- Actively participate with IT and organizational leadership in project governance activities, including project prioritization, negotiation, and resource management.
- Mentors less experienced project managers.
Work is typically performed in an office environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
- Relevant experience may be a combination of related work experience and degree obtained (Associate’s Degree = 2 years; Bachelor’s Degree = 4 years).
High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Required)
Minimum of 8 years-Relevant experience* (Required), Minimum of 6 years-Managing people, processes, or projects (Preferred)
Certification(s) and License(s)
Certified Project Management Professional within 1 year – Practice Management Institute (PMI)
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.