Are you inspired by challenging the status quo? Do you thrive in collaborative environments that drive results? If so, Gates could be for you.
Gates is a leading manufacturer of application-specific fluid power and power transmission solutions. We push the boundaries of material science to engineer solutions that continually exceed customer expectations.
Think belts and hoses. Found in motorcycles, conveyor belts, cars, tractors, blenders, vacuum cleaners, bicycles, & 3D printers just to name a few. Because why not do it all?
Gates has an exciting opportunity for a Sustainability Director, with responsibility for the strategy and execution of Gates’ Sustainability initiatives across Gates’ global operations in alignment with Gates’ strategic business objectives. This new role reports to the Chief Marketing Officer and SVP of Strategic Planning and serves as Gates’ chief Sustainability representative and ESG subject matter expert, responsible for advancing the company’s ESG programs, policies and practices and raising public and investor awareness of Gates’s progress in the achievement of key sustainability goals and objectives.
The right candidate will possess experience in building and evolving a comprehensive Sustainability program, from materiality assessment to development and integration of a strategic, data-driven approach in managing ESG risk, identifying opportunities and engaging both internal and external stakeholders to promote initiatives representative of industry leading sustainability programs. In this highly visible role, s/he will collaborate with cross-functional leadership to drive Gates sustainability programs globally, in addition to working with external stakeholders to encourage partnerships supportive of Gates’ practices and policies. Based in beautiful Denver, Colorado, please read below to see if this might be the right next step for you and your career!
Strategy and Execution:
- Establish an ESG/Sustainability strategy and roadmap for Gates globally.
- Accountable for identifying areas of Sustainability materiality, end-point identifications, and associated programming.
- Facilitate programs that lead to tangible, measurable improvements in ESG related metrics across Gates’ Governance, Technology, Environment and Stewardship Sustainability pillars and the creation of new publicly disclosed ESG goals.
- Develop, communicate, and coordinate internal initiatives across the different business functions and identify key subject matter experts across departments.
- Maintain awareness of global ESG trends, reporting improvements, metrics and KPIs to be integrated into Gates’ ESG programming.
- Monitor and manage benchmarking and trend analysis, including key stakeholder priorities
Communications and Reporting:
- Responsible for the production of Gates Annual Sustainability Report which includes gathering and compiling data from various stakeholders, identifying internal case studies, writing content and managing internal and external creative agencies.
- Coordinate with our internal Investor Relations team to improve Gates’ public stance on Sustainability and Sustainability related investor disclosures.
- Responsible for coordinating Sustainability disclosure reports in collaboration with internal compliance teams. Manage and complete annual submissions for third party rankings including ISS, FTSE, CDP, and others; Increase year over year alignment with Global Reporting Initiatives and Sustainable Accounting and Standards Boards.
- Develop/manage internal and external KPI reporting and assessment and work with investor relations/communications teams to develop related disclosures and communications. Track ongoing benchmarks and milestones set by the organization and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Respond to and manage surveys from investors, retailers, suppliers, and other key stakeholders. Maintain relationships with applicable external authorities, industry representatives and professional organizations.
Engagement and Collaboration:
- Engage with business leaders to increase collaboration and participation in support of Gates’ global Sustainability initiatives.
- Collaborate with Manufacturing, EHS, Supply Chain Management, Engineering R&D, Human Resources, and other key internal stakeholders to advance Sustainability initiative
- Bachelor’s degree required. Masters or post-graduate degree preferred.
- 10 – 12 years’ experience with ESG/Sustainability, with demonstrated success leading global ESG programs.
- Strong business acumen and knowledge of ESG goal setting, disclosures, best-in-class sustainability practices.
- Demonstrated success in ESG KPI development, goal setting, measurement, tracking, reporting.
- Knowledge/experience in appropriate reporting frameworks (e.g., GRI, SASB, DJSI, TCFD), and/or investor-preferred evaluations such as Sustainalytics, MSCI).
- Experience creating successful partnerships with cross-functional internal and external teams for implementation of cohesive integrated ESG programs, best practices.
- Demonstrated success with cohesive analysis and assessment of impact using both key quantitative and qualitative data points
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to tie/articulate value of ESG solutions to business success.
- Self-starter, results-oriented, with a can-do attitude; ability to educate/promote understanding, generate results in an emerging capability with limited resources.
PAY & BENEFITS
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado, Gates is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and takes into account various factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to candidate’s relevant experience, qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiency for the role.
- Full-Time, salary range between $130,000-$190,000
- 20% Bonus Eligible
- Relocation provided
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance and other voluntary benefit options: benefits begin on the first day of the month immediately following your date of hire
- Eligible for unlimited Flexible Time Off + 11 holidays (9 scheduled & 2 floating) + 8 sick days. All vacation days are accrued
- 401(k): 3% company contribution and additional 3% company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Learn more about the benefits we provide at www.gateshealth.com
Founded in 1911 in Denver, Colorado, Gates is publicly traded on the NYSE. While we might operate in a vast amount of time zones we operate as ‘One Gates’ and have a common goal of pushing the boundaries of materials science. We invest in our people, bringing real-world experience that enables us to solve our customers’ diverse challenges of today and anticipate those of tomorrow.
While we expect the best, we also want to give you the best. That’s why at Gates we provide an environment where people can succeed from our policy of ‘Dress for your Day’ (yes – that means you can wear jeans), health club reimbursement, to your ownership of your work/life balance and more. Visit www.gates.com/careers to learn more.
At Gates, we believe that we are better together. Proximity has been important to our success over the years as there are critical items that are simply better when done together. One of those critical items is efficient collaboration. We cannot underestimate the power of informal conversations and connecting face-to-face with our coworkers. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands and fingers to work with objects, tools, or controls; and use office equipment including computers, telephones, and/or copiers/scanners. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Gates is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of race, sex, color, religion, age, disability, pregnancy, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any other consideration defined by law.
ARE YOU DRIVEN BY POSSIBILITY?