Pulled from the full job description
Employee stock purchase plan
Paid time off
Full Job Description
About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. We’re looking for the people who’ll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you’re one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren’t afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you’re the right fit. Come grow with us.
The Product Management team at Gap Inc is responsible for creating best in class systems – from digital shopping experiences to inventory optimization algorithms. This is the team that ideates, executes, and delivers technology for Gap Inc.’s portfolio of specialty apparel brands; Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, Gap Factory, Banana Republic Factory and Intermix. Your work will impact millions of people worldwide who love our iconic brands. We partner with business leaders and a global engineering team to build custom software that powers a $16 billion Fortune 500 apparel retailer.
The Senior Manager, Product Management will lead in optimizing the Company’s Platforms. As our product offerings continue to expand, we are building new infrastructure to scale with our business’s growing complexities. In this role, you’ll own the strategy, product roadmap, and business outcomes for the product team creating the infrastructure for our company to grow. The role requires a strong product mindset; combination of business savvy, customer centricity and technical knowledge. We are looking for experienced Senior product managers with an inquisitive nature and an inherent love for retail products.
What you’ll do
- Lead a product portfolio within the enterprise domain which supports Finance, Tax & Treasury functions
- Partner with a team of front-end and back-end engineers to scale one or many software products
- Establish a strategy to improve product performance through new architectural approaches and monitoring tools
- Own the product roadmap including technical improvements for one or more systems from implementation of new systems to maintenance of existing systems across third-party integrations and internal builds
- Ensure strong measurement and quantitative understanding of services – opportunities, benefits achieved, customer pain points.
- Helps groom and provide guidance to other passionate product managers in the team.
- Will be the key authority and point of contact for cross functional teams during the lifecycle of product development of areas of ownership Serves as product through leader, go to person, and motivator on cross-functional teams during the lifecycle of product development of the area(s) of ownership.
- Delivers software incrementally, on schedule and within budget.
- Partners with cross functional team
- Works with business and other Product teams to develop or modify processes, supporting post-launch change management efforts, as needed and to maintain overall good health of the product
- Conducts analysis to measure the results of feature deployments to quantify the business benefit/impact, and identify further business opportunities
- Manages multiple, concurrent projects in various phases of ideation, execution, or delivery
Who you are
- 8+ years of experience designing, developing, and implementing API / platform products, ideally for a consumer-centric technology company
- Implemented or supported Oracle Financials preferred
- Demonstrated technical acumen; ability to influence and debate solutions with technical team members, to understand technology solutions and potential tradeoffs and to represent technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Data-driven mindset and track record of owning, managing and optimizing KPI’s
- Demonstrated leadership of direct and/or indirect teams
- Ability to work independently with “make it happen” attitude; able to successfully operate in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity; self-starter and quick learner; calm and efficient under pressure
- Be versatile and be able to prioritize/handle multiple initiatives in a fast-paced environment with tough deadlines
- Highly analytical and detail-oriented; proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Agile, Lean or other iterative development processes
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
- For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.