Pulled from the full job description
Employee stock purchase plan
Paid time off
Full Job Description
About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
This Senior Analyst position will support the Field Finance team and manage OSE (Other Store Expense) and Upper Field expenses for Gap North America stores. This includes annual budget, forecast and close responsibilities as well as providing analytical support for various ad hoc initiatives. We are looking for a Senior Analyst that is detail-oriented, a self-starter, has excellent communication skills and strong Excel skills. This position will work closely with primary business partners such as Finance leadership, Brand Expense Owners, and Global Finance team. This role reports into the Senior Manager of Field Finance.
What You’ll Do
- Effectively manage store and upper field expenses for the North America fleet and own development and communication of monthly financial forecasts/close that accurately predict business performance and highlight key issues for management. Investigate and explain variances to prior forecast, budget and prior year.
- Develop the annual budget and monthly forecast to ensure they meet all FP&A requirements, are aligned with Gap strategies, and incorporate input from key business partners.
- Support the execution of the monthly close, ensuring proper accounting for the line items owned, in accordance with Gap Inc. policies, producing timely and high-quality deliverables as required.
- Identify key drivers of risk and opportunity and proactively investigate and develop recommendations to mitigate risk or capture opportunities.
- Proactively explore and implement ways to improve the accuracy and efficiency of existing processes.
- Perform ad hoc analyses and provide decision support as requested.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA a plus
- 3-5 years of financial or business analysis; Retail experience a plus
- Solid grasp of finance and accounting concepts. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership to build strong working relationships and influence partners across organizations
- Excellent organization skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently. Team player with a positive attitude.
- Advanced competency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; Experience with Oracle Financial System and Essbase a plus
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
- For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.