Foresight Management exists to champion energy management, accelerate sustainability, and increase profitability for our customers.
We pursue our purpose through our three-part mission:
• Individual Vitality – The individual well-being of our team members directly impacts our ability to achieve greatness. Each member of our team will be treated with respect, dignity, and will be empowered to make an impact on our company. Our team members will be given opportunities for self-improvement, learning, and will become increasingly self-aware and aware of others. Our teammates will have real autonomy over various aspects of their work and be given the freedom to create and innovate in their own ways. Our environment will enable team members to pursue greatness at their individual role as we collectively pursue excellence, celebrate success, and foster healthy accountability.
• Long-Term Partnerships – The quality of the relationship we build with our clients is vital to our success. We pursue long-term partnerships with companies and individuals by listening, asking great questions, and exercising empathy. Upon understanding our clients’ goals and problems, we work to earn their trust by setting realistic expectations and exceeding those expectations in every manner possible. Simply getting the job done is not acceptable. To truly build long-term partnerships, we must “wow” our customer.
• Growth Mindset – Our process begins with asking great questions and challenging the status quo. From there, we innovate and create improved ways of working, and finally we commit to executing our improved plan with excellence and perfection in mind. We then begin the discovery process all over again in an effort to continuously disrupt our own methods and thinking. Although perfection cannot be fully attained, we choose to chase it relentlessly in every aspect of our work.
- • Enthusiasm – “lively interest, intense emotionalism, a break with status quo”
We believe insights, capacity, guidance, and expertise are qualities our team brings to our clients. Those valuable attributes are often not enough to inspire action. Genuine enthusiasm is contagious and the special ingredient we bring to our clients creating momentum and inspiring action.
- • Curiosity – “the desire to learn and be inquisitive”
We believe the foundation of all innovation is, in its most basic form, a spirit of curiosity and the continual adoption of a “beginner’s mindset”. Our willingness and capacity to be inquisitive empowers us to build trust with teammates and clients. Curiosity enables a sense of wonder and humility, ultimately exposing opportunities to serve others in more impactful ways.
- • Vulnerability – “uncertainty, risk, and emotional exposure”
We believe great ideas can come from anywhere and anyone. Regardless of title, position, industry experience, expertise, or seniority at the company. We value candor, feedback, questioning and tough love from all teammates. Our pursuit is an environment where each individual feels safe enough to be vulnerable and valued enough to be heard. We commit to the pursuit of “Getting it right”, not “Being Right”.
- • Competitive Greatness – “to strive to outdo, to engage”
In order to fulfill our purpose and mission, we believe we must compete individually and as a team. John Wooden in his pyramid of success lists “Competitive Greatness” at the top of the pyramid and says, “Competitive Greatness is having a real love for the hard battle knowing it offers the opportunity to be at your best when your best is required.” We strive to embrace a challenge and compete against “good enough”.
- • Interdisciplinary
We take an interdisciplinary approach to energy and sustainability management. We integrate design, engineering, contracting, project management, consulting, data analytics, business analytics, marketing, and have developed our own software for data management. Our unique blend of expertise allows us to partner with organizations in a variety of ways in order to help them achieve their goals and meet their needs.
- • Holistic
We have expertise in both the supply side and demand side of energy management, energy efficiency, sustainability and cost mitigation opportunities. We understand how interconnected all these disciplines are and help our clients develop optimal solutions that take all factors into account.
- • Unbiased Expertise
We are our client’s “trusted advisor” and take an agnostic approach to items such as technology, manufacturers, suppliers and installers. Our priorities are the priorities of our customers. We develop options that fit within their constraints so they can make the best actionable decisions possible.
- • ROI Driven
Profit is positive. When sustainability and energy initiatives are done well, they are profitable endeavors in both the short and long-term. We work to help our clients understand the direct and indirect financial benefits of adopting sustainable business practices.
- • Transparent
Transparency is transformational. As we help our clients pursue sustainability through adopting transparent business practices, we work to fully embrace transparency ourselves. Making complex language easy to read, complex data simple to understand, and complex issues approachable and digestible is paramount to our client’s success. We choose to adopt an abundance mindset, which means showing our clients exactly how and why we do our work as well as how we charge for it.
Foresight Management is a leading tech-enabled consulting firm dedicated to the identification, design, and implementation of Sustainability and Energy Management initiatives for a growing international clientele. We provide energy and sustainability research, ESG data solutions, cost optimization, project design, and project management services that advance a company’s integration of sustainable development principles into its business model.
Foresight Management is looking for a Sustainability Research Intern to research topics related to sustainability, environmental engineering, carbon, climate change, chemicals, ESG reporting, climate tech, or cleantech industries and practices. The scope and focus of research projects will be decided collaboratively with the sustainability team and can build upon personal interests or classroom assignments when applicable. Sustainability Research Intern will be expected to periodically present on the research to the larger sustainability team and Foresight .
Sustainability Research Intern
- • Part time (10-15 hours/week)
- • $14/hour
- • Start Date: December 2021
- • Duration: 3 months minimum, with opportunity to work up to 9 months
- • Place of Work: Our office at 1425 Coit Ave NE; Grand Rapids, MI 49505 or Remote
To be successful at Foresight Management, you will need:
• To find personal inspiration in our Purpose and Mission
• To adopt and strive towards our Core Values
• To be goal-oriented and be a self-starter
• Awareness of your personal strengths and weaknesses
• To be a team player. At Foresight, everything gets accomplished because of the team.
• Critical thinking skills
• Ability to manage and prioritize tasks
• Ability to work respectfully with people of all cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
• Knowledgeable in basic computer skills
Preferred but not required:
- Personal connection to issues related to environmental, racial, or economic injustices
- Interest in environmental engineering, carbon, climate change, climate tech, or cleantech industries and practices
• Collaborating with internal teams
• Manage and organize data capture, processing, and documentation
• Provide solutions to making incomplete data sets or organization data more complete
• Researching Sustainability Reports and sustainability concepts
• Populating benchmarking templates with researched information
If the position is of interest, please email a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59pm on November 19, 2021. If you have general questions please contact Danny McGee at email@example.com