Full Job Description
Passionate about getting to the heart of a business problem? Thrive in uncovering new ways to work and innovating? Get joy from leading, inspiring, and motivating a team to do break through, unconventional work for clients?
FleishmanHillard, a global communications agency, is looking for a curious, dynamic and versatile Senior Client Leader and Business Strategist with a deep understanding of integrated marketing to play a leadership role on one of our top global clients. This individual must have a proven track record of building and leading large, complex pieces of business and integrated programs that combine the power of intelligence, creative, content, media, social, digital, partnerships and activations to deliver unconventional solutions for our client that drives measurable results. We are seeking a big picture thinker who can think on their toes, provide on-the-spot client counsel and clear point of views to marketing clients, while also inspiring our team to produce exceptional work for our clients as well as champion new ideas that drive business growth.
At FleishmanHillard, we embrace challenges, think boldly, trust each other, and harness our talented worldwide network to provide the best in class counsel to our roster of remarkable global clients. Are you ready to join the team?
We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Serve as a key member of the client account leadership team for a global brand and top client, partnering with agency client leadership team
- Serve as a partner, collaborator, and senior strategic counselor to client
- Lead, motivate and manage a multi-office, multi-discipline agency team on strategy development and program execution with an eye toward continually bringing clients big ideas and unconventional solutions to achieve their goals.
- Develop and propose proactive, integrated communications programs that consider a strategic use of all available channels and resources – intelligence, media and influencer relations, thought leadership, creative content, digital communications, social media strategy, paid, strategic partnerships, activations, etc.
- Analyze and anticipate clients’ business and communications needs, and guide teams to provide support
- Anticipate client issues and foresee problems — maintaining a constant dialogue with the client about what’s working and what’s not working
- Evaluate work delivered to the client and work with teams to adjust, improve (as needed)
- Attracting, negotiating and bringing on board strong third-party strategic partners (ie., technology consultants, business partners, media partners, etc.)
- Craft compelling thought leadership narratives for C-level executives to increase visibility and drive business impacts that come to life through content, partnerships, events, employee communications and all channels
- Generate incremental and new business opportunities by taking a broad view of the entire marketing and communications mix and offering strategic recommendations that drive innovative and award-winning integrated marketing work.
- Manage staffing and talent needs as well as budgeting, forecasting, growth, and other key business metrics
- A minimum of 15+ years of experience in integrated marketing, with deep background developing and executing breakthrough strategic programs that build and burnish brands, including all facets of the marketing and communications mix. Agency experience is a must.
- Ability to engage with and counsel senior level decision-makers across the client’s business, including senior level executives and marketing and corporate communication clients, and deliver connective insights to assist clients in driving alignment and execution of cross-company initiatives. Candidate should have experience building relationships and working in complex businesses and with diverse stakeholders effectively.
- Strong strategic thinker and business strategist, with an ability to lead the development of programs for clients that are distinctive, relevant, creative, and measurable.
- Demonstrated experience working directly with clients on day-to-day activities, managing large teams to execute integrated communications programs effectively, and drafting and implementing strategic marketing programs within budget.
- Ability to communicate clearly, persuasively and on the spot with clients by drawing conclusions, making recommendations, establishing reasonable timelines, and identifying measures of success.
- Strong experience in identifying, negotiating and leveraging third-party relationships and strategic business partnerships on behalf of clients
- Demonstrated commitment to going the extra mile for clients and FH team members.
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver – who is naturally innovative and comfortable being iterative and fast – gets things moving and keeps them on track. High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
- Solid team leadership and team-building experience is necessary, including management of distributed account team. A strong team orientation is critical based on the collaborative culture of FleishmanHillard.
- Experience managing accounts for effectiveness and profitability, including establishing meaningful metrics and scorecards for gauging program effectiveness, and overseeing the development and management of budgets, staffing, team structure and client reporting.
- Knowledge or experience in technology, telecommunications, wireless communications, and B2B marketing is a plus.