Irvine, CA, US
5 days agoRequisition ID: 1016
APPLYTO SUSTAINABILITY PROJECT MANAGER
Salary Range:$85,000.00 To 100,000.00 Annually
FirstCarbon Solutions (FCS) is looking for a dynamic Sustainability Project Manager to join our vibrant, expanding, and fast-paced Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Technical team. Working in the ESG space for both corporations and government clients, we are looking for someone with a diverse skill set to help manage domestic and international clients and projects, contribute to the technical expertise of the team, guide and mentor staff, and develop business/clients in a constantly evolving and expanding field. The ideal individual will have a passion for the subject matter, strong interpersonal and leadership skills, technical expertise/background, and a drive to learn and expand their professional development. If you are someone that can think big, execute a vision, and have fun in and out of the office.
We work with clients around the world from Fortune 500 companies to Tier 3 supplier companies (and everything in between) to identify, report, and manage their ESG impacts. This includes technical analyses (e.g., GHG inventory, water risk assessments, Science-Based targets), sustainability index support (e.g., CDP, EcoVadis, ISS, MSCI, DJSI), corporate sustainability strategy (e.g., CSR reports, presentations to the board, program and policy development), and an actively-growing set of services. Experience managing on these types of projects and analyses is a big plus for the ideal candidate. On the government side, we work with cities and counties around the globe to understand their climate-related impacts, risks, and opportunities; manage data to track ESG performance; and engage with the community on sustainability topics.
The Project Manager will be expected to lead and participate in projects as a technical resource and have the ability to think outside the box of typical environmental analyses as it relates to the direction of the ESG field. The individual also needs to be able to apply energy, emissions, water, waste, and CSR principles to the myriad of topics and projects we work on. The Project Manager will have the opportunity to work with and lead a tight and hyper-collaborative team of sustainability professionals. As one of the main points of contact with our global client base, the Project Manager will also be responsible for ensuring the alignment of expectations between the FCS technical team and the client, managing workload and schedules to meet project deadlines, and growing our relationships with clients.
The ideal candidate needs to be highly-motivated and have experience in managing clients, staff, and leading initiatives for a team. This is an exciting and fast-paced position for someone looking to infuse their energy and talents into an expanding team and field, work with clients/projects around the world to help face the challenge of climate change, grow their career in the ESG/sustainability field, and be part of a fun, supportive, and strong team.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Environmental Science or a related discipline and 7-10 years of relevant experience
- Extensive CDP methodology experience (ideally either scoring or completing the CDP disclosure)
- Experience implementing disclosure and sustainability frameworks such as GRI, SASB, TCFD, Integrated Reporting, UN SDGs
- Experience with sustainability indices including, but not limited to EcoVadis, ISS, MSCI, Sustainalytics, and DJSI
- Experience with GHG emission calculations and/or verification with certification in at least one protocol
- Experience in the technical analyses of energy, waste, water, or other resource areas as it related to resource management, cost savings, or data management
- Experience and proven success in managing ESG or similar projects with multiple clients
- Experience and talent in business development for new and existing clients
- Experience in effectively managing project-assigned staff at different levels of the organization to ensure projects are completed on time, on scope and on budget
- Ability to interact, engage, and flourish with all levels of staff
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Track record of managing and developing relationships with clients – listen, adapt, and solve
- Experience, ability, and desire to mentor, guide, and grow team members at all levels – and receive it back
- Experience and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, prioritizing workload to meet multiple deadlines in a calm, methodical manner
- Excellent Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Data Analysis skills
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills, including strong telephone and written skills
Fun, fast-paced, and collaborative work environment. The position will work primarily with in an office environment. Some outdoor meetings may be scheduled when possible. The position could entail light travel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may spend extended periods of time sitting in front of a computer and/or laptop. The employee is required walk, reach with hands and arms and have hand/finger dexterity. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus as well as regularly required to talk and hear.
Diversity and respect are fundamental
Fundamental to our teams. Fundamental to our clients. Fundamental to the communities we serve and live in. Fundamental to the landscapes we work within. We need you and your unique talents, history, and background to become the Company we aspire to be. We insist upon a culture of common respect, expect transparency, and celebrate the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals. Our mutual equality as humans is the path to diverse and innovative collaboration. We cultivate integrity, driving us to growth, and allowing us to achieve more together than we could ever hope to as individuals.