Transportation Manager (37610)
Now Hiring Transportation Manager
At First Student, our Transportation Managers are a constant reflection of our company’s commitment to safety and customer service. The Transportation Manager is responsible for providing operational oversight, day-to-day management, and directly supervising staff and financial performance.
At First Student, we are proud to offer:
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence across North America
- Positive and rewarding work environment
Transportation Manager Responsibilities:
- Manages operational expenses and explains budget variances
- Manages injury and collision claims
- Ensures safety practices and applicable regulations are obeyed by all employees
- Ensure facilities and buses are maintained to First Student safety and environmental standards
- Sets accurate schedules for routes
- Minimizes route drive times and mileage while adhering to contractual and regulatory mandates
- Provides accurate and timely operational and financial reporting as requested by AGM and/or finance
- Ensures purchases follow company processes and policies
- Drives employee engagement and recognition
Transportation Manager Experience and Skills Required:
- 4-year degree or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years management experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Business background in financial, strategic, and/or organizational analysis
First Student’s commitment to putting our customers first, dedication to safety, and an ambition to deliver dependable transportation makes for a working environment you’ll love. As a huge company with 120,000 staff and over 2.5 billion customers worldwide, you’ll also enjoy security, a brilliant future, and excellent training.
Apply today to join our team!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.