Senior Associate, Alternative Operations Accounting
US-CA-Los Angeles | US-NY-New York
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
First Republic Private Wealth Management is comprised of investment management, brokerage, trust, financial planning and insurance professionals. We offer customized wealth management solutions for our clients from a wide array of services including comprehensive investment management, financial planning, estate planning, trust services, endowment management and more. Our goal is to understand our clients’ unique needs and support them throughout a lifetime of financial goals.
Common goals, uncommon potential
As a Senior Associate on our Los Angeles-based Private Investments team, you’ll have the opportunity to use your knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles in a role that focuses on activities surrounding the core operations of our alternative investment business and fund processing.
What you’ll do as a Senior Associate, Alternative Operations Accounting:
- Assist with the preparation and review of private funds’ financial statements and complete Net Asset Value packages as required each month or quarter to ensure that client reporting is carried out accurately and efficiently.
- Prepare and review internal reports
- Prepare, review and monitor information to meet compliance and regulatory requirements Initiate, direct and review
- Fund capital activity, including capital calls and distributions, subscriptions and redemptions
- Coordinate and collaborate with the Financial Statement Auditors working with the private funds.
- Assist in the Treasury functions of the private funds, including cash management and use and maintenance of lines of credit.
- Participate in the review and reconciliation of investor subscriptions and redemptions in the funds.
- Work closely with third-party fund administrators to oversee and monitor their operation. Communicate with the client servicing team and the fund administrators about any questions or issues that may arise.
- Review and reconcile investor records. Communicate with underlying fund managers.
- Help manage and enforce the team’s policies and procedures, and assist in the assessment, review and improvement of these policies and procedures.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, mathematics or another business-related major from an accredited institution
- Two or more years of experience in accounting, audit and tax functions
- A certified public accountant designation (not required but preferable) Experience in reviewing and analyzing data reports and manuals
- Computer proficiency, including experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- A strong detail orientation
- Outstanding communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple projects while working independently in a demanding, unstructured environment
- The ability to think critically and anticipate potential issues
- Self-motivation and a willingness to take initiative
- A commitment to be a team player and provide extraordinary service
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career – apply now
Are you willing to take initiative and make decisions? Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability—that’s the First Republic way. Come join us!
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.
Share on your newsfeed
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.
Please be advised that First Republic Bank will not ask you to provide personal information, including driver’s licenses, social security numbers, and passports during the interview process. If you receive a request of this type, please report it to Fraud@firstrepublic.com