Full Job Description
We do the right things, right now. We do them in a way that is relevant to our clients. Become a part of our history as it continues to be written!
If you are interested and qualified for this role, we invite you to apply.
- The Investment Analyst I supports the Investment Analyst II/Senior Research Analyst and dedicated investment management team in basic security analysis and other related tasks.
- This role also assists the Wealth Management investment officers in executing a wide range of investment transactions through a broad network of trading parties.
- Responsible for learning the basics of the security due diligence process and assisting the Investment Analyst II/ investment management team in various tasks related to the day to day monitoring and reporting on the security approval list.
- Assists with the distribution of various performance and metric reporting.
- Compiles, performs quality checks, executes and confirms the investment transactions for Wealth Management Investment Officers.
- Implements and monitors trading activity to ensure that all regulatory guidelines are met.
- Troubleshoots and resolves problems that occur due to trading activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned which support the overall investment function, including but not limited to marketing, administrative, compliance activities.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Needed to Perform Essential Functions of the Job:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or other related field of study.
- Basic familiarity of accounting and financial principles, security analysis and investment instruments.
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development; knowledge of current business issues, trends and best practices.
- Desire to pursue career in wealth management industry.
- Desire to obtain CFA designation, or in process of obtaining preferred.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Master’s degree in Business (MBA).
- 1 year of relevant experience including investment analysis and trading background.
- Experience in banking or financial services.
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry practices and regulations.
Level of Complexity and Scope:
Degree of Independence and Decision-Making:
Required Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Occasionally lifts and carries up to 20 lbs.
- Frequently lifts and carries up to 10 lbs.
- Frequently sits, stands and walks.
Compliance Statement: The associate is responsible for meeting all compliance requirements imposed on First Financial Bank by State and Federal law and regulation, as well as all related First Financial Bank policies and procedures. This includes all Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, OFAC and Suspicious Activity reporting requirements, as well as all other lending and deposit compliance requirements.
It is our policy to not discriminate against any individual in violation of federal, state, and local laws as it relates to age, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran/military service, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an E-Verify Employer.