To support our Commercial Division, FIFA is looking for a Head of Partnership Sales with strong presentation and relationship-building skills to help FIFA as it embarks on an exciting period of commercial activity leading into the FIFA Women’s World Cup™ in 2023 and the FIFA World Cup™ in the USA, Canada and Mexico in 2026.
This role will be central to opening up new partnership opportunities on the market and leading one of the world’s most valuable sponsorship development programmes. The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for FIFA’s global partnership development and sales programme to ensure maximisation of revenues and secure world-class commercial partners and sponsors, heading a team of high-performing sales and business development professionals to achieve all sales targets for the men’s and women’s World Cups as well as FIFA’s other properties and events.
- Define, manage and deliver sponsorship sales and programmes in close collaboration with the Director of Commercial Revenues
- Sell and renew sponsorship packages for the FIFA World Cup, the FIFA Women’s World Cup and other FIFA properties and events to meet revenue targets, including:
- ensuring that world-leading sales tools, collateral, research techniques and out-reach processes are in place to support the partnership development programme
- developing and driving a pipeline of global prospects and target brands
- leading pitches and sales conversations with major blue-chip companies and brands
- leading negotiations and closing deal
- Manage service and agency relationships for FIFA’s commercial sales programme
- Maintain and further develop a high-performance culture in the sponsorship sales team and collaborate effectively with other internal teams to deliver objectives and plans
- Prepare internal reports on sales activities and progress to revenue target.
- Proven track record and at least ten years’ experience in international sales, sports event marketing and closing global sponsorship deals
- Experience in leading sales teams across multiple markets
- Having a broad and active network of relationships and contacts across brands in relevant markets, sectors and companies
- Experience in dealing and negotiating in different cultures
- University degree in business administration, marketing, sales, sports marketing or a related discipline
- Proven track record in building relationships with senior executives
- Fluency in English (written and verbal) is a must, any other language would be an advantage
- Ability to work independently in a multi-task position within a dynamic, team-based environment
- High level of self-motivation, initiative and commitment to achieve ambitious objectives and sales targets
- Knowledge of the international sports federation environment
- Willingness to travel internationally, including extended periods in the USA, Canada and Mexico.
FIFA is an equal-opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to gender, race, age, skin colour, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, background, physical or mental disability, or any other grounds.
You can expect a highly motivated and helpful team working in a dynamic multicultural environment. If you have the necessary qualifications and are keen to work for an international organisation, please click “Apply” and submit your application (motivation letter, CV, diplomas and reference letters) in English.
Fédération Internationale de Football Association, FIFA-Strasse 20, 8044 Zurich.
Only direct applications via our applicant tracking system will be considered (no agencies or applications via email/post, please)