Searching for an experienced future actuary interested in building a career in a team centric fast paced consulting environment.
The Fidelity Workplace Consulting Group is composed of over 400 professionals who advise clients on the management of their domestic benefits. We are a fast-growing business within Fidelity, providing a broad range of services that touch on every area of benefits design, strategy, funding, communication, and delivery. While we focus on working with the Fortune 1000, we also work with Fidelity clients of all sizes.
The Expertise You Have
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in Mathematics, Actuarial Science or another quantitatively rigorous subject preferred
- 2-6 years of experience in a pension and benefit consulting firm or related industry
- Preferably at least 3-5 actuarial exams completed
- Knowledge of benefit program design, legislative, account and regulatory requirements (IRS/DOL/FAS/PBGC/ERISA/409A/PPA)
The Skills You Bring
- You have strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- You’re a leader with self-motivation and determination to succeed
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills
- You have a strong aptitude to balance and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment
- You have an ability work within budgeted timeframes to maintain client profitability without sacrificing quality
The Value You Deliver
- Performing Pension valuations including (ERISA, FASB ASC 715, FASB ASC 960), cost and benefit design studies, non-discrimination testing, benefit statements and compliance
- Training and assisting Analysts to ensure the continued development of staff
- Help with coordinating and managing projects and budgets
- Preparing reports for client presentations and completing/reviewing required compliance tasks (government forms and non-discrimination testing)
- Other projects including mergers/acquisitions/divestitures, plan terminations, cost and benefit design studies
- Collaborating with internal business partners across diverse disciplines to develop and implement effective solutions on behalf of our clients
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in Colorado only:
$64,000 – $100,000
This position is eligible for incentive compensation or an annual bonus opportunity.
At Fidelity Investments, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As a privately held company with a rich 75-year history, our mission has remained the same since our founding: to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity—we offer a range of opportunities for learning and growth so you can build the career you’ve always imagined. We welcome associates from different backgrounds and with different perspectives to help us innovate and make a difference for our customers and our communities.
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 2.