As a Risk Analyst / Manager within the Model Governance Team, the candidate will be working in a team-based, fast-paced environment. This individual will have an integral role in implementing Fidelity’s Model Risk Management framework, policy, procedures and governance. The candidate will gain a thorough understanding of model risk and use these skills for effective inventory management, and control / documentation standards, performs independent and objective validations, challenges and develop and produce model risk reporting (e.g. Key Risk and Performance Indicators).
The Model Governance Team is part of the Model Risk Management COE, a Center of Excellence responsible for leading the Model Risk Management Program across Fidelity. We operate as a cross-functional team setting and enforcing the standards for the firm to mitigate potential operational, financial, regulatory and reputational risks.
The Expertise You Have
- 3-7 years of experience in model risk or risk assessments or control testing or a related role (Internal Audit, Technology / Model Development or Operational Risk)
- Background in Finance, Mathematical Finance, or related field of study
- Proficiency with Excel and some knowledge of statistical software packages and languages (e.g., R, Python, MATLAB, SQL)
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Business Objectives)
- Potential interest in professional certification (e.g., CFA, FRM, etc.)
The Skills You Bring
- Strong analytical and technical skills, problem-solving abilities, and attention to detail
- Organize and analyze data, and summarizing findings for manager review
- Build deep working relationships with internal business partners
- Proactive, curious, and self-motivated to learn new skills
- Professional ability to work with all levels of management
The Value You Deliver
- Collaborating with the team in the implementation of Fidelity’s Model Risk Management Framework and Policy
- Ensuring thorough identification of all firm-wide models and metadata to maintain a consistent approach with regards to assigning risk ratings
- Maintaining a comprehensive, centralized, and standardized model documentation, model inventory, and model performance KRIs
- Performing qualitative and quantitative analyses on various models across Fidelity
- Developing partnerships with Risk Leads and / or model owners and developers
- Interacting with senior leadership and collaborate with colleagues across the enterprise
- Being a resource for the business for model related questions and concerns
- Willingness to cross-train to assist with daily risk activities specific to Market and Collateral Risk responsibilities
At Fidelity Investments, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As a privately held company with a rich 75-year history, our mission has remained the same since our founding: to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity—we offer a range of opportunities for learning and growth so you can build the career you’ve always imagined. We welcome associates from different backgrounds and with different perspectives to help us innovate and make a difference for our customers and our communities.
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 2.