Our health and welfare consulting team at Fidelity provides a unique experience for candidates looking for an opportunity to grow their consulting career. Specifically, our team is organized to focus on three key experiences:
- We are client focused. Our work with clients is oriented around problem solving and not defined by products we can upsell to our client. Simply put we do what is best for our clients knowing from that our strong financial success continues.
- All members of our team work with our most senior leaders on a day to day basis. This gives everyone the opportunity to learn from industry leaders with 20+ years of experience in H&W consulting.
- We think it is important for our associates to have client exposure early in their careers and throughout to develop strong relationship skills. As such, we provide opportunities for all to gain valuable client exposure and assist in the critical process of building client relationships that last.
As a Consultant, you will manage client projects and relationships that provide H&W clients a different perspective by offering comprehensive solutions. These services can involve a variety of topics including but not limited to plan design, compliance and reporting services, pricing and employee contribution settings or retiree health care solutions. You will manage H&W Workplace Consulting projects, mentor other associates and promote teamwork.
- Analyzing and presenting data vital to client benefit programs
- Managing the renewal process, including development of the analysis, negotiations, and finalization of renewals
- Developing health and welfare program pricing, budgets, employee contributions, premium equivalent rates for self-insured plans, IBNR and other actuarial liability estimates (adhering to actuarial standards of practices)
- Supporting with setting assumptions and per-capita calculations for OPEB (ASC 715) actuarial valuations
- Assist in development of long- and short-term employee benefits strategy
- Evaluating survey responses and benchmarking data related to employee benefit programs
- Manage marketing analysis including RFP creation, proposal collection, and vendor comparisons
- Mentoring less experienced associates at every opportunity
The Expertise And Skills You Bring
- 5-10 years proven actuarial experience in working with the financials of health and welfare plans, preferably gained in a benefit consulting/brokerage firm or health underwriting / actuarial function of an insurance company
- Strong critical thinking, project management and problem-solving skills
- Experience managing contractual provisions, including scope control, and managing projects through to conclusion
- Knowledge of health insurance industry, it’s practices and applicable laws/regulations
- Knowledge of actuarial guidelines and Code of Professional Conduct
- Actuarial exam completion and/or accreditation, a plus
- Knowledge of GAAP and STAT accounting and audit procedures, a plus
- Experience with Monte Carlo simulation modeling and VBA programming, a plus
The Fidelity Workplace Consulting Group is composed of over 400 professionals who advise clients on the management of their domestic and global benefits. We are a fast-growing business within Fidelity, providing a broad range of services that touch on every area of benefits design, strategy, funding, communication, and delivery. Most of our team comes from other leading consulting firms. While we focus on working with the Fortune 1000, we also work with Fidelity clients of all sizes. For more information about Fidelity Workplace Consulting please visit this link: https://www.fidelityworkplace.com/s/workplaceconsulting
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in Colorado only:
$70,000 – $125,000
This position is eligible for incentive compensation or an annual bonus opportunity.
At Fidelity Investments, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As a privately held company with a rich 75-year history, our mission has remained the same since our founding: to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity—we offer a range of opportunities for learning and growth so you can build the career you’ve always imagined. We welcome associates from different backgrounds and with different perspectives to help us innovate and make a difference for our customers and our communities.
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 2.