Time Frame: Monday – Friday, 9-5pm (January-May)
• NOTE: Given the current circumstances, this internship will be primarily conducted virtually until further notice. The responsibilities of this position will remain the same, but the primary form of communication will be virtual until the FC Bayern office can safely welcome the entire staff back into the office.
Position Summary: The Media Intern, in support of the media department, will learn strategies to achieve the goals of the team’s US-specific media strategy; how to manage and optimize the team’s digital platforms and execute comprehensive media and fan engagement campaigns. The goal of the internship is to understand and learn the club’s approach in the US market through its content and media marketing strategy.
You will learn how to:
• Administer, monitor and optimize social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. creating and scheduling content, community management and collecting and analyzing insights with a focus on analytics tracking
• Be a part of the creative campaign and content process from ideation to production to execution and promotion across all platforms
• Update and program club website to market specification, track and analyze performance through analytics
• Coordinate and assist on projects and research across departments including content, fan services and communications
The individual should ideally possess the following knowledge and skills:
• Working toward a degree in the sports management, marketing or communications with interest in digital and content marketing
• Uphold the high standards of the FC Bayern brand
• Strong written and oral communication skills in English. Preferred second language: German and/or Spanish
• Demonstrated knowledge of soccer and/or sports landscape
• Proficient and/or experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and preferred knowledge of media editing software (Photoshop, video)
• Web savvy; must possess experience with social media platforms. CMS knowledge is a plus • Team-driven player
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com